logging food preparation. ..do you?

Options
I don't usually log the time for food preparation as I never really thought I ought to but have noticed some do. It got me thinking maybe I should because I do spend quite a bit of time in the kitchen on my feet cooking for my family of 6. I always cook from scratch and in between stirring the pot etc I am clearing up , washing dishes etc.

Do you log cooking in exercises?

Replies

• Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    No. That sort of thing should already be included in your activity level.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No you should just assume its normal activity and take any extra loss as a bonus
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't log food prep or anything that goes along with cooking/cleaning because it's just a normal part of the day.
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i agree no i wouldnt log that i do think each to their own but come on logging everyday tasks like food prep and housework seems a bit desperate if you need to up your exercise numbers then go and exercise its not easy for any of us i have two toddlers but i wait for hubby to come home and then do my run etc there is no point 'cheating' yourself the numbers dont lie
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have my activity set as sedentary and don't log my cooking and I cook from scratch with some of it being vigorous such as making dough, whisking mayonnaise by hand, grinding spices by hand... That being said, this is what works for me, if it works for you to add it, then do it.
  • TannaBanana27
    TannaBanana27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good question! I don't log my "NORMAL" day to day stuff that I do along the lines of housework as I consider it a part of 'activity level.' For me, I have logged house and yard work only when it was deep cleaning that was strenuous and involved moving furniture, etc. or was raking the yard, etc. that I don't do on an everyday or even weekly time frame.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

^ I agree with this. Just like I don't log walking around the mall or other such normal day to day activities.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Your sedentary burn is 20% above your BMR because the assumption is people don't lie in bed all day-- they get up and move around and fix meals, shower, etc.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't log pooping or peeing, though i'm sure I burn calories doing both particularly the former on occasion. This is no different.
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here that logs food preperation, but it's for his job and schooling. He prepares food for hundreds of people. I wouldn't log food prep for just my meals. Hope this helps.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Short or daily cooking, I don't log but this one time, I spent freakin 6 hours in the kitchen without rest and felt like I deserved to log it.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I only log cooking and/or cleaning if its over & above normal daily activities. For example, normal day to day cooking I don't, but if I'm doing a bunch of cooking of prep for the week, or holiday baking I do, same with cleaning, regular cleaning doesn't get logged, but heavy cleaning, re-organizing a room, moving furniture I do log that
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes I get it. Hhmm I don't log cooking but did one time last week as I had a dinner party and was prepping for 3-4 hours.