HIT High Intensity Interval Training

Options
When i am doing HIT cardio i dont reach my calorie goals . But i feel like i am working harder and my heart rate goes up. Do i really need to worrie about calories burned when doing HIT cardio or not

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    When i am doing HIT cardio i dont reach my calorie goals . But i feel like i am working harder and my heart rate goes up. Do i really need to worrie about calories burned when doing HIT cardio or not
    I sometimes do HIIT in between weight lifting sets. I log it all and count as one calorie just so I have a record.

For you, what is happening with your weight while doing the HIIT? Do you maintain or lose or gain at the correct weight according goals you have established? It seems to me this is the real teller regarding whether to count those exercise calories.
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    i am staying around the same . But i was told to keep doing HIT cardio if i want abs . On top of my ab workouts
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    i am staying around the same . But i was told to keep doing HIT cardio if i want abs . On top of my ab workouts
    I thought weight lifting is what worked the abs. There's a nice sticky in this very forum way at the top titled "So, you want nice abs". You might find it interesting.

Edited to add: here's the link. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1391018-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach