Lost

Options
Ever since I started trying to get into shape I have been on the treadmill every day, 7 days a week, I don't miss a day even if it's just for 30 minutes due to a busy schedule. And I haven't changed my eating habits since I started either and I lost nearly 25 pounds doing so. The past 2 days I haven't lost anything....is this normal? It's got me down and out even though I know I shouldn't be...

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm still learning :(

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Body fluctuations will affect the rate at which your body burns fat and drop weight. Be Patient!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Scale numbers go up and down. Don't fret.
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    start doing HIT High Intensity Interval Training. write down eveything you eat make sure your hitting your marcors
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. Good work so far. Eventually, possibly now, you may need to count calories or restrict them further than you are or move more to keep your losses coming. As we shrink our bodies need less energy to do the same task. But two days is too soon to tell. Good luck!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I liked it... then it got all weird.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The past two days? If your weight stalls for a month, then you can do a reevaluation. Two days is not a reason to fret. Its not linear. There will be times when you might gain weight, especially since you're female (hormonal changes/water weight). Again, wait until at least a month has gone by with no change before you worry yourself.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Ever since I started trying to get into shape I have been on the treadmill every day, 7 days a week, I don't miss a day even if it's just for 30 minutes due to a busy schedule. And I haven't changed my eating habits since I started either and I lost nearly 25 pounds doing so. The past 2 days I haven't lost anything....is this normal? It's got me down and out even though I know I shouldn't be...

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm still learning :(

I went 2 weeks without losing weight then the next week 10 pounds dropped. Plateaus come and go.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Two days is way too short a time to worry. Are you weighing every day? I know people like different things, but I'd recommend cutting back to only weighing once a week. As was mentioned above, our bodies fluctuate on a daily basis, and weighing daily and trying to decide why a scale does or doesn't change on a day-to-day basis could drive a person mad.

Stay the course - the scale will move!
  • supersupercoolio
    Options
    To be perfectly honest two days of plateau isn't really cause for concern. I know it can seem disheartening however and if you do find it very demotivating perhaps you should consider weighing yourself once a week instead of every day. You are much more likely to see better results.
  • HopingForABrighterFuture
    Options
    Yea I weigh everyday. That might be my problem? I was just used to seeing some kind of loss every day so I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong that it stalled.
  • HopingForABrighterFuture
    Options
    Thank you for all the input...I feel much better about it now