Might as well go for it, stop dreaming and start doing

I know I may be crazy at 42 years old and now 256 lbs previously 261 lbs I am attempting to get to 180 lbs. I am going to try and retain my muscle mass. I believe it can be done just concerned about the drop and having loose skin. I have the mickey mouse going on gut and chest. legs and arms are not fat. Any thoughts? I have been using the myfitnesspal app for IOS and I have a Polar FT7 and a Polar FT60. Now I just need to stick to the plan. 7 days in and still chugging. Good luck to everyone here!

Replies

• poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Well, the older you get the harder it is to get rid of the loose skin. But I figure loose skin is better than the 80-odd extra pounds (I have come from just about where you were, and aiming towards the same goal weight you have, and YES, I have a lot of loose skin hanging around). You might consider a tummy tuck once you reach your goal.
  • mfpslash1313
    mfpslash1313 Posts: 33 Member
    I have similar goals. Got way out of shape over the past 10 years. Almost hit 300 and had a reality check. I would love to have lose skin because that would mean I lost a lot of weight. :-) Good luck to you!
  • I guess I will deal with the loose skin. I am going to try and fight though lol