Just a thought from me. :)

Options
I feel compelled to share this today.

January 2nd, I celebrated 25 years clean and sober. Much of what I've learned in recovery from my addiction can be directly applied here.

Personally, I'm pretty disgusted with myself for letting myself get this fat and out of shape.

However, I've learned that I can't change what happened yesterday. Beating myself up over it is simply wasted energy.

I also can't control tomorrow. And I can't say for sure what tomorrow will bring.

What I can control is today....this moment in time. Today, I'll eat healthy, exercise, and have a good attitude.

And I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Replies

• Kimke30
    Options
    Nicely said! We all face challenges and when we conquer one another hits us head on! Congrats on 25 years sober! And good luck with conquering today :)
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well said!

Congrats on the 25 years!

Here's to another today :D
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday back!

A big congrats....you are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing :happy:

You've done so much...your weight/health is next.

Thanks for loving yourself :flowerforyou:
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congraqtulations on your first successful journey in life of being clean and sober. I am sure now that your second new journey to shape up your body and improve your health even more will be just as successful. One day and the time is a good philosophy and you seem to embrace it well. Friend me if your like. We all support each other here as well. :flowerforyou:
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You're exactly right.........one day at a time! Thank you for the words of inspiration today! I really needed them! :)
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! Thank you for sharing this today. We all need a reminder we can not control everything :) I too have learned that I can't control tomorrow or the past but I can control what I put in my mouth..no one else has that control but ME!!
    Keep up the great work!!! Friend me if you wish...I too live in Indiana :smile:

Mary
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! Congrats on 25 years! That is an awesome accomplishment!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 25 yrs!! That is an amazing accomplishment......you are truely an inspiration for all of us :smile:
    Keep up the good work.....one day at a time!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Well said AND well done! :flowerforyou:
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well Put Rick . And Congratulations to you. You have overcome alot... I know you will succeed at your weight loss, just as you have overcome being sober for 25 yrs !!! You've got what it takes. And yes, we must remember to live in the moment, and must take one day at a time. I'm realizing that more and more, to be Thankful for each, and every new day. All the best to you !
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    Congratulations on your 25th! Just remember..... those hard times we go through in our lives make us who we are today. You, my friend, are an awesome individual with a great attitude towards life. Well done. :)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That's great advice, and something I sometimes need help with. Congratulations on your 25 years clean and sober! What an accomplishment!
  • GrandmaPaige
    Options
    Congratulations on the 25 year clean and sober! What a total inspiration you are!!

Good luck with your weight loss!

Paige

1297564.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Congrat on 25 years clean & sober! You rockin' it!