Keep Me Away From the Scales!

supertempdonna
supertempdonna Posts: 17
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
When I am on a diet normally, I'm the type of person that weighs myself every single morning and gets motivated/discouraged according to what it says.

This time, because I'm focusing on running ability more than weight loss, I've told myself I'll only do a weigh in once every 2 Weeks.

But, 6 days in, I'm getting twitchy for the scales! Can some kind people motivated me to hang on until my weigh in day?!

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    oh I know what you mean. HIDE THE SCALE..... :smile:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    good job. Just think you're a grown up and you're in charge of your life and you've said you'd wait. It's like waiting for Christmas without peaking at the presents. :) Be the grown up and wait till the day.
  • This is one of my biggest down falls... as soon as I wake up I run for the scales and I hate that! I just can't stop myself! They have been the same for the past 6-7 days. How discouraging. I would love to weigh in every 2 weeks but like you I just don't know how to stop :(
  • Put the scales away somewhere high that you need the steps to get to! Then put the steps in a really awkward spot where you have to move lots of stuff to get to them. I always find making things difficult helps - my hubby has a Chocolate Orange on the top shelf of the cupboard and it isn't even tempting me cos I know I have to drag out the steps! :tongue:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I dont know why people need to weigh so fast so much...I do it once a month!..I want a whole numbers not .0 something...waiting longer makes you work harder on your goals... the body needs time to lose fat, its not going to happen overnight.
  • Lol! I would but I don't live alone - my family would not be impressed at me hiding their scales!
  • Gawain
    Gawain Posts: 11 Member
    I actually find that weighing myself weekly is more beneficial as It's easier to keep track of where you had a "blip" when weighing in weekly and It's easier to re-plan your workout schedule (and diet) on a week to week basis if your last weigh in wasn't so good.

Weighing yourself every day is a big no, no as you've found out, but once a week really has its benefits. At the end of the day, a regime or diet will only be effective if you're motivated to continue. It seems that by building the weigh-in up to be such a focal point, you're losing site of what your original aim is & this could hamper your efforts.

May I suggest, if you're focusing on your running ability, try and keep track of your achievements and focus on them, small milestones will really help spur you on.

Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.