fast metabolism diet

13»

Replies

• bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    the people who are or have been on it. What kind of phase 2 breakfast did you eat. My mom and I are having a hard time with phase 2 breakfast.
  • AmyScraymee
    AmyScraymee Posts: 12 Member
    the people who are or have been on it. What kind of phase 2 breakfast did you eat. My mom and I are having a hard time with phase 2 breakfast.

For me omelette is the only way I can eat vegetables at breakfast! I use egg whites, meat (chicken or ham), spinach, onion and garlic and I serve with some fresh sliced up red capsicum. I use a non stick fry pan and start out by kind of boiling the onions in some water (no oil in this phase) until they are soft, then add spinach and let the remaining water boil off so it is wilted. Then I add the meat (make sure it is pre-cooked though) and egg whites instantly. You can swap out any of the veges for the ones you like but sometimes the quantities are a bit out and there are too many veges to bind the omelette and I end up with something like an egg stir fry lol. Its all good though it tastes the same!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    bump it
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I will do this diet but still look out for calorie intake. I need to figure was days I will workout now since those are days I want muscle gains.
  • caseyjmc
    caseyjmc Posts: 37 Member
    :laugh: I have been on the fast metabolism diet since January 30th, I have lost 51 pounds, and I have never eaten cleaner, drank more water, eaten a healthy breakfast more consistantly, stayed away from caffiene, soda, and pre-made foods or felt better....everyone who is putting down this diet should read the book....it speaks many truths, BTW, I was recommended this book by a nephrologist that I work with....an MD, so read the book, then tell me how much better you're doing! :tongue:

Thank you! Well said, and I concur. Two of my friends lost 65lbs and 45lbs in 8 months, and are still losing. They convinced me to give it a shot, and I have never felt better. I'm in the first month and have lost about 5 lbs (after 2 years doing low carb, and weight watchers several times over the years).

Also, my calorie count averages 2000 daily, so I have no clue where people are saying 800 calories per day.
  • Nothing wrong with Dr. Oz. He recommends types of products but will not endorse particular brands. If he was in it for the money he would let all the vitamins & remedies he recommends use his name & likeness, which he refuses to do.
    [/quote] Which is why he's been questioned now by senators (who believe in science) on why he makes recommendations with no science backing the products he promotes on his shows.
    He's paid quite well for advertising on his show.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    I started this diet on Monday and I have lost already almost 4pounds. I have been doing the diet but I am still eating some things I shouldnt.but on Monday I'm gonna change that.I do work out.
  • FauxFoxx
    FauxFoxx Posts: 53 Member
    Are you going to stay on this diet forever? Temporary diets = temporary results.

It's not rocket science. Consume less calories, eat better food and work out. You don't need some hack of a doctor (and yes, he is a hack if he is recommending this garbage) recommending a fad diet.
  • caseyjmc
    caseyjmc Posts: 37 Member
    Well, after 6 weeks on the Fast Metabolism Diet, I lost 1 lb. I followed the plan and drank 100+ oz of water daily. My wife lost 8lbs. My friends lost between 5 and 10lbs. I wrote to Haylie, and she believes I have "heavy metals" in my blood, which would explain my badly screwed up metabolism, keeping me from losing weight. Turns out I don't, but I do have high iron. That doesn't cause a screwy metabolism, though low iron does.

So, this is not working for me. I'm going to work with the Leptin Diet and see where that takes me. It's not that different given the type of foods eaten, but basically gives me a food list of super foods that heal poor Leptin reaction, says to eat 40% fat, 30% protein, and 30% carbs.

I'm already off of sugar and caffeine, so the transition is pretty easy. Difficult to get specifics of what to eat each meal, but the biggy is to have lots of protein at breakfast, like 60-75g. However I can work that out is fine. Also stay away from saturated fats. I know that saturated fats are no longer the "bad guy," but since I spent so much time on the LCHF diet, my blood lipids were great, but I had high inflammation and high iron, meaning too much sat. fat, and too much red meat.

Wish me luck on the Leptin Diet.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    The diet is only meant to be followed until you lose the weight you need to and then to be uses as needed. I find it funny that people object to clean eating, increased water..cutting out sugar, wheat and caffeine. My skin has never looked better, my energy level is much greater.. I look at this as the spark to get me eating healthy. People are so negative...I would hate to be the type of person who always wants to pooh pooh what others do because it doesn't meet their approval.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    The diet is only meant to be followed until you lose the weight you need to and then to be uses as needed. I find it funny that people object to clean eating, increased water..cutting out sugar, wheat and caffeine. My skin has never looked better, my energy level is much greater.. I look at this as the spark to get me eating healthy. People are so negative...I would hate to be the type of person who always wants to pooh pooh what others do because it doesn't meet their approval.

There isn't a reason to eliminate any food without an underlying medical issue. That applies to sugar, gluten, fat, anything. "Clean" eating is entire subjective and a meaningless term. Make sure you obey all of Haley Pomroy's ideas and squirt coffee (let it cool first) into your colon ... after all, she advocates that. Science and logic result in seeing how laughable this and other fad diets truly are. Luckily for the author, PT Barnum was right and the demographic he described rushes to buy these types of books, diets, etc.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Well, I look at this as a life style change.. in that I am cutting out artificial ingredients and eating whole foods. I have lost almost 6 pounds this week. I have greatly increased my water intake and am eating more fruits and vegetables than I have ever eaten. It's a positive change for me and as far as coffee enemas go...I have never tried it but there are many who advocate them and speak of the benefits. Fad diet? lol ok I guess eating healthy is a fad for some.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Well, I look at this as a life style change.. in that I am cutting out artificial ingredients and eating whole foods. I have lost almost 6 pounds this week. I have greatly increased my water intake and am eating more fruits and vegetables than I have ever eaten. It's a positive change for me and as far as coffee enemas go...I have never tried it but there are many who advocate them and speak of the benefits. Fad diet? lol ok I guess eating healthy is a fad for some.

PT Barnum spoke of your kind over a century ago.