Pre/Post Workout Meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• BigJohnJ
    Options
    Lots of great info here. EggsEggsEggs really came through with a ton of solid information. There is a framework of "hard and fast" rules of what works best when you're talking about fitness nutrition. Within this framework, there is room for "what works best for you." For more comprehensive fitness nutrition information, visit www.musclecookbook.net
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Small protein filled snack before workout - like a yogurt or a handful of nuts.

Chocolate milk immediately after workout. Scientifically proven to be the very best thing you can ingest after a workout.

Then eat a full meal sometime in the nest few hours. The chocolate milk allows you to go a while before eating in case you need to cook or get home from the gym without losing energy.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Small protein filled snack before workout - like a yogurt or a handful of nuts.

Chocolate milk immediately after workout. Scientifically proven to be the very best thing you can ingest after a workout.

Then eat a full meal sometime in the nest few hours. The chocolate milk allows you to go a while before eating in case you need to cook or get home from the gym without losing energy.
    LOL no. Chocolate milk is a fine and popular recovery drink, but I have yet to ever find a study that "proves it's the very best thing."

AS for timing, again, it's all personal preference. Your body is constantly utilizing food you eat. Food you've eaten a couple hours before working out will be used just fine for repair and recovery after your workout, provided you are eating enough total calories and macros every day.

If you happen to be a world class elite athlete, then you may need to consider nutrient timing, but even then, most don't.
  • ambush63
    ambush63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will try the CLA because I'm definitely:flowerforyou: stuck.
  • coolcoolcool2
    coolcoolcool2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    interesting.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Has no bearing for us normal folks.