Mouth odors

Options
Have any of you experienced bad breath from your spouse or girlfriend during dieting or just general bad dental hygiene ? I was unfortunate enough to encounter that dilemma from someone i was dating and the odor was horrendous . I doubt mints flossing or brushing will help

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    low carb dieting or short term starving can give acetone in the breath - tends to smell a bit fruity rather than like rotting food.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Food between teeth that starts to rot is the biggest contender

Food rotting between your teeth?!?
    a) what a waste!!
    b) that will affect your macros at the end of the day!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Reality all of our mouths stink to some degree, that is why I am not a fan of kissing :(

Eewwwwww! Icky! Girl cooties.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Rampant decay or abscess
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Ketosis halitosis. Eat carbs.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You could have a cavity. See a dentist
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Food between teeth that starts to rot is the biggest contender

Food rotting between your teeth?!?
    a) what a waste!!
    b) that will affect your macros at the end of the day!!

Well you def should weight the rotten food and subtract that amount from your calorie goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah sure - easy one - how long has it been rotting for?
    Depending on the aging factor macros will change!
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    This might sound cruel but if i detect a slight mouth odor from a female i date there is no future dates. I feel worse for females because male mouth odors are more prevalent than fenale
  • orangpeel757
    orangpeel757 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in the navy who carried around a pack of gum to offer to people with dragon breath whenever she had to talk to them. Of course, if the person didn't take the gum, she'd just have to suffer.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OMG I had a guy try to kiss me once and as he got close, it was rancid. Not only did he not get the kiss, or another date, he got told to go see a dentist and get his teeth cleaned!
    GROSS
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    Gum i a very cheap temporary cure in trying to deal with problem. Men sometimes exhibit a elephant feces stench from the mouth when its extreme
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    They could also have tonsil stones...yuck. Lots of people have them but no one talks about it because it's gross.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You can do it yourself though. I mean it sucks. A lot of times it happens because you've had major bouts of tonsillitis and your poor tonsils are torn to shreds. I obviously know nothing about this....