5'6 161 pounds too big for a bikini??

Options

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6" and am now just two pounds from goal weight at 140. It took me a long time to lose 25 pounds, but I am finally close. Anyway I hope there is a lot more in your motivation to lose weight other than a bikini, because you're going to need it.

It's not easy. You have to be faithful about logging in each day, and you have to stick with it.

Good luck to you.
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! It's about confidence. You work it, you rock it, you own it! :) Screw what anyone else may think, because they don't matter. You do. :)
  • iridescentfall
    Options
    I am 5' 6" and am now just two pounds from goal weight at 140. It took me a long time to lose 25 pounds, but I am finally close. Anyway I hope there is a lot more in your motivation to lose weight other than a bikini, because you're going to need it.

It's not easy. You have to be faithful about logging in each day, and you have to stick with it.

Good luck to you.
    I definitely am committed I actually was bigger than this but recently I decided maybe counting my calories and working out would be a lot more efficient than just working out
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You're rockin' it!!

Get out there and show it & you're beautiful body off!! :drinker:
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    No one is too big for a bikini! You can wear whatever you want :)

I'm 5"7 185lbs and wear a bikini, also wore a bikini when I was bigger too
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow..... I'm 5'6" and 162 and you look WAY better than I do. *jaw drops* Rock it, girl!
  • zozotxiki
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 185lb and look good in a bikini (apparently, though if I was that uncomfortable with it then I wouldn't wear it).

As mentioned before - ROCK THAT THANG! :drinker:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

TiL: It's okay to judge someone's motivation and tell them what is or isn't enough to get it done.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14892347963/
    This is the bikini I want to wear. I've seen a lot of these forums but they don't have any pictures to show you what they look like anyway I'm 5'6 and 161 pounds ik I'm not fat but am I too big for a bikini I know there's no such thing as "too big" but what do you guys think?? Please don't sugar coat it if I'm not quite there yet I'll just keep trying....thanks for the feedback whoever comments:smile:

BTW this is from the side
    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/46851362@N05/14849487516/

Your link wont work on my computer
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a bikini at 160 lbs and I'm 5'4", and I looked fine. If you're confident enough to rock it, go ahead! There's no "too big" for a bikini, honestly. It's all about what you're comfortable with, since it's your body. If you wanna wear it, wear it! I'm sure you'll look great :D
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You look great.

If you feel comfortable wear it. If you don't feel comfortable, don't.

You and I are about the same height/weight/size right now and if bikinis were my jam I'd wear one comfortably at this size. Sadly, I have 2 small children so I stick with one pieces that stay in place. The kiddie pool doesn't need to see my business.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

TiL: It's okay to judge someone's motivation and tell them what is or isn't enough to get it done.

*nod nod*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask a bunch of internet people, you are probably not confident enough to wear it. Wear something that you are confident wearing otherwise you won't have a good time because of perceived looks and comments.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    ThatSoundsHar: You look great.

If you feel comfortable wear it. If you don't feel comfortable, don't.

This^
  • queensandria
    Options
    Im 5'6" and around 190 and this summer I've been wearing nothing but bikinis (how else would i get my tummy tan? XD)! Don't second guess, don't worry, don't hide! Love yourself and party on!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    How to get bikini body:

Step 1: buy bikini
    Step 2: put on body
    Step 3: enjoy!!

You go rock that bikini!!!! :smile:

This!!

@ Stella_Mayfair
    It;s so up to u, take all I say with a grain of salt. I am 5ft6 as well and 134 lbs. I personally won't wear a bikini until I lose weight. I wear a nice one piece.
    Is your goal weight actually 100 lbs at 5'6"?? That would be severely underweight and unhealthy! In fact, you're already at an excellent weight at 134 lbs. If you would like to look more 'toned', eat at maintenance and lift heavy; that will lower your bodyfat percentage while building muscle and make you look great. If you actually think you're 'fat', you might steer into an eating disorder and might consider getting help. :flowerforyou:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It;s so up to u, take all I say with a grain of salt. I am 5ft6 as well and 134 lbs. I personally won't wear a bikini until I lose weight. I wear a nice one piece.

Sometimes I hate this place.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your curves. You rock it girl!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and about your weight and I wear a bikini. I just make sure I try them on and like how they look. No one has complained.
  • Ehecatl915
    Options
    I live across from the ocean and I see a lot of bikini wearing people, you look fabulous and should wear it with confidence.