I'm a mommy...

Options
to two 5 wk old hooded rattie boys! SO CUUUUUTE. I've always wanted rats. Today I went into the pet store and they had some that were probably about 3 months old, and they didn't have two boys, which bummed me out. While we were looking at a boy and girl, this couple came in with a cage full of a litter, I mean there were like 15 kittens! So we got first pick for FREE (woohoo) because the store couldn't keep all of them. They are already socialized, but a little shy and overwhelmed in their big cage. I haven't taken pics yet because they're hiding under their wheel hehe :laugh: They look like this: \
2284318055_13231877a9.jpg?v=0

We named them Aries and Mars, the Greek and Roman gods of destruction :bigsmile:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    to two 5 wk old hooded rattie boys! SO CUUUUUTE. I've always wanted rats. Today I went into the pet store and they had some that were probably about 3 months old, and they didn't have two boys, which bummed me out. While we were looking at a boy and girl, this couple came in with a cage full of a litter, I mean there were like 15 kittens! So we got first pick for FREE (woohoo) because the store couldn't keep all of them. They are already socialized, but a little shy and overwhelmed in their big cage. I haven't taken pics yet because they're hiding under their wheel hehe :laugh: They look like this: \
    2284318055_13231877a9.jpg?v=0

We named them Aries and Mars, the Greek and Roman gods of destruction :bigsmile:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    How cute! Rats make good pets, especially ones that actually look like pets like those guys. I had a dwarf hamster once, that was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind getting another one sometime.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!:noway:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    How cute! Rats make good pets, especially ones that actually look like pets like those guys. I had a dwarf hamster once, that was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind getting another one sometime.

Yea, I have done a tonnnnnn of research on rats, and I decided they'd be great for me. They are snuggly and trainable like dogs, but more portable, and can be left alone without chewing on furniture (except their own hehe). I had two gerbils, and on lived to be about 5, but they weren't as snuggly. Hamsters are so cute too! Like mini-bears hehe :)
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    congrats on your childbirth experiences:laugh: :laugh:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    SO cute! I used to have pet rats. They are great. :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL I was gonna say....GIRL! you left out quite a bit about that IN THE WOODS EXPERIENCE! :laugh:

well I'm sorry to say I'm not a big fan of rats, (scaredy cat here! I'll admit it!) but that one you have there is really cute!!! REALLY...so best of luck w/ him and his fellow god of destruction:bigsmile:

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    LOL yea I thought I'd throw a curve-ball with the title to throw everyone off :laugh: I think it's normal for people to feel weird about rats because they can carry disease in the wild and have teeth that hurt if they bite, but these guys are so sweet. Aries licked peanut butter off my finger, it was so cute. Then they fell asleep...they're babies lol they don't do much after such a long day.
  • ali106
    Options
    LOL yea I thought I'd throw a curve-ball with the title to throw everyone off :laugh: I think it's normal for people to feel weird about rats because they can carry disease in the wild and have teeth that hurt if they bite, but these guys are so sweet. Aries licked peanut butter off my finger, it was so cute. Then they fell asleep...they're babies lol they don't do much after such a long day.

awwww that is sweet.....I don't know if any of you have ever seen that movie... Enchanted....there is a scene where she sings out the window to call her friends the mice and birds to come help clean up the joint....and because she is now a real person living in NYC and not a cartoon living in a Disney forest...the birds and mice were actually Pigeons and sewer rats.....eeeek LMBO...but seeing them "helping" made me think ahhh not that bad kinda cute........um, okays STILL that bad:noway: ....but YOUR baby mice are cute:smooched: ....sorry ...the thread just made me think of that scene for some reason!:laugh: :drinker:

hugs!
    Ali
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    awwwwe so cute!! Rats are so smart and make such good pets.

I used to own two pet prairie dogs and have always wanted rats. I'm fairly certain I've been told that Alberta is rat-free and I'm pretty sure it's not legal to have rats as pets here in Calgary because of that (now... that could just be my husband making that up) so no rats for me, just my two dogs :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

awwww that is sweet.....I don't know if any of you have ever seen that movie... Enchanted....there is a scene where she sings out the window to call her friends the mice and birds to come help clean up the joint....and because she is now a real person living in NYC and not a cartoon living in a Disney forest...the birds and mice were actually Pigeons and sewer rats.....eeeek LMBO...but seeing them "helping" made me think ahhh not that bad kinda cute........um, okays STILL that bad:noway: ....but YOUR baby mice are cute:smooched: ....sorry ...the thread just made me think of that scene for some reason!:laugh: :drinker:

hugs!
    Ali

I LOVE that movie!! That part is so hilarious, especially like the bugs hehe :laugh:
  • ali106
    Options

hugs!
    Ali

I LOVE that movie!! That part is so hilarious, especially like the bugs hehe :laugh:

hahaha cleaning the toilet bowl...I was like..hmmmmm! :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    awwwwe so cute!! Rats are so smart and make such good pets.

I used to own two pet prairie dogs and have always wanted rats. I'm fairly certain I've been told that Alberta is rat-free and I'm pretty sure it's not legal to have rats as pets here in Calgary because of that (now... that could just be my husband making that up) so no rats for me, just my two dogs :)

Prairie dogs, how cute! I'm really excited to start training my rats, I'm going to see if either one takes to agility (little rat obstacle courses hehe). What a bummer that you can't have rats!
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    my daughter has two hairless rats. i must say i was really against the idea at first but now i must say they are pretty cool and surprisingly clean. great pets.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I love rats. You are so right that they are like little dogs (but they don't bark)!

I had two when I was in HS. They were so smart. They stayed in their cage all day when I was gone. Then I'd play with them. When I went to bed they were put away....then I'd wake up in the morning with them curled up in my bed asleep on my pillow. :laugh: I don't know how they got out. They came when called and were fabulous and sooo cute. (Both were girls)
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWW!
    Am I the only one that feels like this. When I looked at the picture, I got shivers down my spine.

Well,congrats, I guess, I hope you enjoy your rats.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    my daughter has two hairless rats. i must say i was really against the idea at first but now i must say they are pretty cool and surprisingly clean. great pets.

Hairless have so much personality hehe, plus they're hypo-allergenic! They are clean and can even be litter trained like a cat, so I plan on doing that with mine.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I love rats. You are so right that they are like little dogs (but they don't bark)!

I had two when I was in HS. They were so smart. They stayed in their cage all day when I was gone. Then I'd play with them. When I went to bed they were put away....then I'd wake up in the morning with them curled up in my bed asleep on my pillow. :laugh: I don't know how they got out. They came when called and were fabulous and sooo cute. (Both were girls)

Awwwe they just wanted to hang out with you hehe! My mom had one when I was little, and she rode on my mom's shoulder allllll over the place, so I've wanted one for a while. I can't wait until mine learn their names! For now they still have to discover the 2nd level of their cage LOL
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with a boa constrictor, I'm sure he would LOVE them. We should hook em up. :devil:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWW!
    Am I the only one that feels like this. When I looked at the picture, I got shivers down my spine.

Well,congrats, I guess, I hope you enjoy your rats.

Hehehe even with that cute little face? He looks like a little kangaroo lol. I appreciate the good wishes, and hopefully someday you will find a rat you like hehe :)

Look, this rat is learning an obstacle course! So amart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3qGrwVHip4&feature=related