1 year on MFP (57 lbs!) with pics

Options
JagerLewis
JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
Today I have logged my food for 365 consecutive days, I can't believe I did that. :) So I thought I'd share my success story. I started MFP on Aug. 5, 2013 but had a few days where I didn't log in the beginning. Over this past year I have accomplished so much, not just the weight loss, but my attitude about myself and life in general. I went through a rough time in my life and quickly gained a lot of weight, over 50 pounds in about a year and a half. When I saw a picture of myself (the first one posted here) I could not believe how big I got and knew it was time to take control of my life. I beat depression and had a better outlook on life and I took charge and became the person that I used to be, happy and healthy. The pic of me in the dress was taken Aug. 4, 2013 (the day before I started MFP) and I weighed an unbelievable 181 pounds on a 5' 2.78" small frame. Yikes! The bathing suit pic was taken Aug. 9, 2014 weighing in at 124, a much more desired weight for my frame. :) I've never posted a bathing suit pic before, but this picture means a lot to me. Yesterday at the beach I felt good and comfortable. I realized that I will never be "perfect" and no one on that beach was. I'm almost 38 years old and a mother of 2, I don't have the nice tight toned skin that 18 year olds have, but willing to bet that I was stronger than any of them. I didn't stand out at the beach (for being heavy or for having the "perfect" body), I felt like I belonged on the beach. For once in my life I am comfortable with me. I no longer have the delusion that I need to look like a movie star or on the cover of a fitness magazine.
I've lost 57 pounds, became so much stronger than I ever was (can do 173 push ups! Woot Woot!!) But the biggest hurdle of this past year, was getting in the right frame of mind. I will no longer try to only look at my flaws, but look at the overall picture. The old came back stronger than ever.
Aug 4, 2013 181 pounds
DSCN1817-Copy.jpg

July 27, 2014 Warrior Dash
5faf2187-1008-4486-bee2-ab8edffc57d0.jpg

Aug 9, 2014 124 pounds (1 year on MFP)
e8f67641-45cb-42b3-95ef-dd6f9a9abe68.jpg

Replies

• sgtlee0626
    Options
    Amazing job! So happy for you, you must feel awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey and you go girl with your Warrior Dash! Wooohooo!!!
  • citalk2much
    citalk2much Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! you are for sure an inspiration for us all Thank you for sharing
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm hoping to have a "beach comfortable" body next year as a 38-year-old mother of 4. Way to go!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Damn! Wolf whistle! :)
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, way to go!!!
  • Guitarist4L1fe
    Guitarist4L1fe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Inspiration Thank You!
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love that you are aware of your strength!!!! What an inspiration!
  • Angelaphillips83
    Options
    I am beginning the same journey, I am 5"4" and 188. A long way to go, but I am encouraged by your story. Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • psibaby
    psibaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing your story. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great to lose around 60 pounds after one year and here you did it! Congrats on being comfortable in your own skin.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    That is incredible, has to be the most impressive one year result I've seen on here.

Do you mind sharing how you achieved this?
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ThankYou for sharing! You look Amazing. I am a 46 year old Mom of two teens and a RN who takes care of everyone but myself. Thanks for showing me that it is possible. starting over again today. Any tips on how you got your head in the game??
    Allie
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    well done - you look amazing!
  • Be11adonna
    Be11adonna Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mind and body working together not against each other - huge result.
    Congratulations, you look hawt :flowerforyou:
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Congrats
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!
    I'm only on day 10 or so, but I'm thankful you posted this and shared your photographs, because it means I can also meet my goals if I stick to it.
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ????????????????????
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You look great. I'm 5'2" and can use your story as inspiration
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I meant to put you look amazing abd this is truly inspirational
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!