Weight loss=Marrige troubles?

Options
Hello everybody. I've lost over 80 pounds in about 14 months and still have about 20 more to go. I've noticed my hubby has changed a bit towards me. He has become more possessive and is always thinking I want other men, even women. I don't think I've changed my style, I'm pretty conservative with my clothes and make up. We have 3 kids and we're both bread winners. I'm just wondering has anyone else experienced this and how do you cope?

Replies

• Tracie422
    Tracie422 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe he has been reading junk on the internet....

Just read an article that said if you spouse is suddenly improving the way they dress, new haircut, etc it may be because they are trying to impress someone else

Perhaps he sees your weight loss as a threat to your relationship. If you go over your reasons for weight loss and that they do not have anything to do with another man, he may settle back down. He may just need reassurance that you aren't going to leave him now that you are reaching your goal weight.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that this is happening for you.

Maybe for you hubby seeing you transforming yourself over this time while he has remained much the same has given him a bit of a jolt and made him feel a little vulnerable.

You are a lovely looking lady, who is basically rocking a new body and an awesome new style..... could it be that you are "attracting" a lot of other male (female too) interest and your husband being a bloke has his protective radar out scanning and has picked this all up.

I hope you don't mind me bringing up this possibility....the reason that I do, is personal experience of your topic. For such a long time I felt so unattractive, locked in a very obese body, the only looks I got were ones of disgust.

NOW it's a different story......(Wow this sounds big headed and I'm not like that) but I've had a complete makeover, body and hair, style and attitude and Yeah even at 51 there are admiring glances and comments.....it can be hard for partners to not feel a little intimidated.

Good luck and just keep reassuring him.....
  • bonbons324
    Options
    It is flattering to be "noticed". But when it happens I pretend I don't hear it or notice it. It's funny beacuse at first hubby was excited at other people looking at me but now I think it's too much for him. I will continue to reassure him that he is the only one I want. Eventually he'll get, hopefully.

BTW you all are doing great! Keep it up! :)