One of those weeks

Options
So I know this won't be much about working out and such, because I'm trying to not let it affect my routine and eating habits.

But a little over a month ago, my fiance left for Marine boot camp, and I've been great until basically today.
I just miss him so much, even though I know I'll see him in 2 months.
We've been together for 4 years; since our freshman year of high school (graduated now).
Can anyone give me some good insight as to how to beat this mini-depression?
Anything that helps is accepted.
Thanks, guys.
I know MFP has a really nice community from the time I've spent on here, so I felt like it was okay to post this.

Replies

• YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do but keep active & kill your free time, cause thats when thinking too much happens.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Keep your motivation up to stay pretty and to show him that you're strong. Send a card or a letter if you can with something personal or short 'n sweet to help you communicate and miss him less (if he can't receive mail and such I would still write daily notes to him each day to give to him when he comes back. It's cute and sweet). Or try writing in a diary/journal to express yourself. 2 months is not going to fly by unless you keep busy! :)
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go through this fairly soon too when I study abroad spring semester. The thing that I've been telling myself to get over the fear is that lots of couples who have 1 of them in military do it all the time and make it. You have been together for so long already and you've made it through 1/3 of it, so stay strong. You guys can get through it. Ask him if you can have some extra Skype time. :)
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks riri. He can't skype at boot. It's only letters. It's just been a while since we've gotten anything since he's at camp Pendleton now, and mail is slow from there.
    It's just sucky I guess.

Thanks everyone <3
  • riirii93_
    Options
    that's so cruel of them! :( stay strong, think of it in weeks. 8 weeks sounds better than 2 months to me.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    Options
    8 more Thursdays.

Ugghgvsvhrnshtehshbt
    We haven't been apart this long. Not in 4 years. But yeah that's how all boot camp is. It's only letters. When he goes to school or deployed he can skype and stuff.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    talk to your girlfranns whenever you're feeling alone. and your mfp friends!
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    Options
    Thanks Doll <3 You're such a good MFP friend lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do but keep active & kill your free time, cause thats when thinking too much happens.

this! keep busy, maybe plan something nice for the two of you for when he's back? find a new hobby in the mean time though.