From Obese With Severe Anxiety to a Fit Personal Trainer

Options
Hey guys I decided to make a thread about my transformation to help anyone who is in need of some motivation to get started or continuing their journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

Those Picture were taken at the age of 17 and 18 years old
r7h71iq.jpg 4iJP8Nj.jpg

On those picture I was around 350 pounds and was dealing with severe anxiety, I wouldn't come out of the house on day time cause I was too shy of my appearance and would wait night time to go grab the paper or go to the grocery store, which I would wait almost until close time so there would be almost nobody. At this point of my life my only goal was to be a pro at videogame. I dropped out of school because of my anxiety problems at 15 years old and since this moment everyday of my life was pretty much the same. I was sitting in front of my computer for at least 12 hours a day and my diet was pretty much everything I could put my hands on... Poptart,Icecream,Soda,Cookie,Chocolate Milk,Energy Drink... You get the point.

One day I realised that my life was going no where. I was wasting the best years of my life to be good at a videogame, that was insane! I had to do something about it.

I went back to school at 18 years old which was really difficult for me, just being around people was making me sick. I knew my weight was the issue and I would have to change my lifestyle in order to be happy with myself and make my anxiety go away. I started reading online about nutrition and fitness and I was hooked right away, My nutrition was the hardest thing to change. I went from eating 7000+ calories a day of junk food to eaingt 2200 calories a day of clean food. It took me around 6 months to get used of those healthy eating habits. In those 6 months i've lost around 50 pounds with nutrition alone. I had more confidence and my anxiety was slowly going away, I then decided to register at my local gym and this is when I really got result. I've lost another 90 pounds in the next 9 month and my anxiety was gone, I was doing great in school and even got a Marketing Degree(I now study Kinesiology).
e9wRw1W.png Au5IXsG.jpg

If we skip to this day i'm now a Personal Trainer and run Spartan Race,5ks,10ks at 210lbs 12%Bodyfat and in the shape of my life. My goal is now to help people who were like me and need to improve their lives.
The change you see is only physical but mentaly i'm a whole new person. I now have more confidence in whatever I do and I see life on the bright side. I can finaly say that i'm living my dreams instead of dreaming my life!

I hope some of you will be motivated by my story and remember that consistency is the key!

I'm doing the IDFA transformation challenge in April 2015 so if you guys wanna follow me as I prep for this show you are welcome to follow me ­@ http://instagram.com/kevmaheu

If you want me to post anything specific that would help motivate you, just ask :)

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    that is wicked man, awesome job. the pic of you and the girl fitting into your old pants legit gave me chills, very inspirational

how tall are you, for reference?
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options

I'm 6''0
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome - congratulations!:) You look amazing and this is definitely motivating. Thank you so much for sharing and love that last picture :)
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    congrats! Great job!
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's pretty fantastic. Inspirational.
  • matgh124
    matgh124 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    that's freakin awesome my dude. very inspiring!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Great pics too.
  • Aguilera1995
    Options
    Dude, you're amazing! I'm 18 and I want to lose 90 lbs, you're really an inspiration. You look great and I want to look great too :D
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, thanks for the motivation. You look great.
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Well done.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just, WOW! Congratulations!
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! Has the weight loss helped with your anxiety?
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing, well done :smile:
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! Has the weight loss helped with your anxiety?

Yeah it did! The hardest part with anxiety was to be confronted with situation that gave me those anxiety crysis and repeat until I get used to it and it doesn't affect me anymore.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic job! I hope to be where you are one day
  • Kevenmaheu
    Options
    Wow fantastic job! I hope to be where you are one day

You'll be :)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're so Amazing!!