190 days on MPF and 65 poiunds GONE! (Pics included)

Options
Hey everyone! I have been thinking about posting my success story for awhile now and decided to just go for it. I am not one for putting myself out there but I have worked hard and I want others to see it is totally possible to do what I am doing. For the last 6+ months I have completely changed every aspect of myself in order to have the life I have always wanted.

Before starting with MPF I was a miserable mess who was doing a fantastic job of killing herself with food. I was suffering from PCOS, depression and anxiety and was a complete victim to all of these things. I felt hopeless and when I was at my very worst that is when I decided to change.

On February 1st of this year I decided enough was enough and I needed a change. I found MFP, I actually had downloaded the app before but deleted it soon after because I felt it was a waste of space on my phone lol. I slowly started by cutting junk food, mainly sugar, out of my sugar obsessed diet. I lost a good amount of weight off the bat but by the middle of February, right after my first attempt at a workout video, I had slipped on ice and fractured my knee cap. Instead of quitting, I persevered. I hobbled around and my only exercise was walking (slow at best). I just wouldn't let anything stop me!

I knew that for my PCOS I had to limit my carbs and up my protein a ton. I forced myself to change everything I enjoyed eating and replace it with lean meats and veggies. I sacrificed in every way imaginable. I spent hours of my day outside walking in the cold and finally when my knee was better I started walking on the treadmill. Eventually, I was going to the gym every day. I also got a Fitbit and kept pushing myself to walk more and more averaging anywhere from 8-10 miles a day. Now it is more like 9-13 miles a day.

I joined a gym eventually and started running, which was unusual for me because I would always joke that I would not even run for a bus. I exercise 6 days a week and started lifting weights a couple of months ago. That is hard for me because I have a wrist that I broke awhile back and it never healed right so I do have a good amount of pain and limited movement in it. I just refused to give up. I still refuse to give up!

Excuses are a thing of the past. I am so pleased and proud of myself for what I have accomplished in these past 6 months. There are moments when I feel and have felt like it's just too hard to keep it up but I know I do not want to go back. I feel like I have taken my life back in an extraordinary fashion. I have everything against me from injuries to a metabolism I screwed up from years of awful abuse I have thrown at my body.

I started out at around 200 lbs, which is just so much for my 4 foot 11 inch frame. I am now down to 135 and looking to lose about 20 more pounds. I have been working on body recomposing so my weight loss has slowed dramatically in the last 6 weeks but I just keep pushing myself and know eventually I will get there!

I wanted to share my story because I know there are so many people out there struggling and I want you to know you can make it happen. You just really have to want it bad enough!

I would also like to make some new friends. I am willing to take on friends who need help and am always happy to give advice or just listen. I would also like some friends nearing the end of their goals who are struggling with the same things I am right now. It is hard to lose this last bit of weight and could use all the support I can get.

The before pic was taken this time last year. I was about 15 pounds or so lighter than when I started. I refused to take pictures when I started because I did not have faith in myself loosing anything. The second pic was taken on day 180.

imagejpg1_zpsb776d010.jpg[/URL]

photo1802_zps7a37366c.jpg[/URL]

These photos were taken yesterday. The body shot is my profile pic but just zoomed in. This is just 10 days after my 180 day pic and even though I haven't lost any real weight I can see changes in my body, just showing me how important body recomp is!

Pic190days_zpse28eb3fd.jpg[/url]

190day_zps1dc0e91e.jpg[/URL]

I hope that in a few months I can post up my completed success story! If anyone has specific questions about what I have been doing I am happy to go into more detail. I did not want this post to turn into a book today :) Thanks for reading!

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job. You're looking great!
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    Whooo hooooo! Awesome job!
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and I am happy to be a friend who has watched you transform. You look great and I love that you don't and didn't starve to loose weight. You are a wonderful inspiration to me and to others who are on this journey.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    From a fellow PCOSer -Awesome perseverance and keep it up!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - congratulations on your lifestyle changes. Your success and honesty are just what I needed this morning. Pulled out my running gear - put on my running gear and on my way out the door. Thank you
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! And thank you to the new friends I am mkaing! Keep in mind if you add me as a friend I will comment on your posts and I like to get to know my friends well!! The community I have surrounded myself while using MFP has made ALL the difference in the world to me!!!
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yay! Its an honor to be with you on this journey to call it like that. You have really come a long way and I can only say wow :smile:
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Aw, this made me well up a bit :,) I'm so happy for you, we've been friends on MFP for a while now but I had no idea you fractured your knee in February! Look how far you've come, you are beautiful, strong and confident - just like you should be! All I can say is congratulations and thank you for being such a great role model for the rest of us :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched: xxxx
  • md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You are doing such a great job!!!!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great!!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work!! You look amazing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • okiemommy30
    okiemommy30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
    You should be proud of yourself.
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I still feel like I have a long way to go most days even though I have lost more than a quarter of my entire body weight in the last six months. These last pounds have been hard, which is part of the reason I decided to post my story so I can see for myself how far I have come.
  • brblunt
    brblunt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!