excercises narrow waist and fat on the hips

Options
Hello!
I wonder if someone could reccomand a usefull excercise for waist and hips,
but please, something I do not have to buy equipment for or go to use some fitness facilities, just because it is too expensive for me at the moment.

Many thanks!!!

Replies

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I wonder if someone could reccomand a usefull excercise for waist and hips,
    but please, something I do not have to buy equipment for or go to use some fitness facilities, just because it is too expensive for me at the moment.

Many thanks!!!

Hi there!
    Sorry, the only exercises that I can recommend for this are one hand pressing down on the lid of the cookie jar, and the other hand closing the fridge.... Done at the same time, they may even improve balance....lol

There is no spot reducing. I'm a big fan of exercise DVDs, like those from Jillian Michaels. Most are free on youtube now. Get a set of light and heavier hand weights ( I have used water bottles while traveling) , and you're all set. I'm in the middle of her 30 day shred program. My pants feel wider, just after 2 weeks.

Good luck!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Probably running/jogging. Along with diet it'll help you lose weight and that should help you all over, plus the bit of muscle you gain should help your legs look better. You'll have to stick with it though, don't panic if your thighs get a little bit bigger at first, it's just water retention, focus on overall fat-loss as the long-range plan.

You should also look into bodyweight workouts, there's plenty you can do without equipment or a gym.
  • burninghalos
    burninghalos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yoga did wonders for me when I was trying to shed those troublesome love handles. Search for moves specific to your core and side. You shouldn't need anything but a how to and an open area for the stretches. Diet is also important and making sure you're getting enough fiber to help shed that excess away.

Good luck!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yoga did wonders for me when I was trying to shed those troublesome love handles. Search for moves specific to your core and side. You shouldn't need anything but a how to and an open area for the stretches. Diet is also important and making sure you're getting enough fiber to help shed that excess away.

Good luck!

Sorry, spot reduction isn't possible. You can do 10,000 planks a day, but if your body has fat in other places it wants to burn first, it will.

Diet is the MOST important part....as in a caloric deficit. From there, do the exercises that you like.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I wonder if someone could reccomend a useful excercise for waist and hips,
    Anything that works your core - planks, rotation, situps (and remember to do sideways & backwards situps too!), leg raises.
    For hips & butt, walking is the easiest. Swimming, roller or ice skating are great.

But while all of those tone & build muscle, you'll have to lose fat all over for it to show up.
    When calories in < calories out, you'll lose weight.

If you have $10 a month, you could join your local Planet Fitness. They're even open 24/7. I have gotten good value from my membership, leaving lots of burned little calories behind. :laugh: Heck, I've probably gotten the value just from the water savings of taking showers there!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The main things that have kept my waist size down is good old fashioned jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, and jogging/walking. Of course a little weight traning as well. Also my diet has been completely transformed. Once you cut out that processed foods, sugary drinks, and fried foods, you will notice a huge difference. I agree with one of the earlier posts, there is no spot reduction; healthy eating and excercise go hand and hand. Good luck to you!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There may not be spot fat reduction but toning an area will make it look better with the same amount of fat. I would, however, recommend an overall program since it will help balance out the body.
  • RGv2
    Options
    There may not be spot fat reduction but toning an area will make it look better with the same amount of fat. I would, however, recommend an overall program since it will help balance out the body.

We understand that "toning" is the removal of fat from the body that is covering the muscle.....correct?

You can weight train to maintain the muscle underneath the fat, but when it comes to losing fat (especially on the waist), it still comes down to the caloric deficit. Adding the weight training is efficient as the person drops mostly fat, rather than fat and LBM (along with water), but "toning" comes from losing that overall BF%, lifting gives the person better aesthetic results as the BF comes off.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    As some of the others have said you can not spot reduce fat and toning is a combination of growing, or retaining, muscle while you lose the fat around it. There really is not a way to "tone" a muscle other than maybe getting a pump or some swelling from the workout but that is temporary.

Find a full body strength training program you enjoy and eat at a moderate calorie deficit while getting proper nutrients. Throw in some cardio if you like it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

We understand that "toning" is the removal of fat from the body that is covering the muscle.....correct?

You can weight train to maintain the muscle underneath the fat, but when it comes to losing fat (especially on the waist), it still comes down to the caloric deficit. Adding the weight training is efficient as the person drops mostly fat, rather than fat and LBM (along with water), but "toning" comes from losing that overall BF%, lifting gives the person better aesthetic results as the BF comes off.

Great explanation!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Is the royal we intentional?
  • RGv2
    Options

Is the royal we intentional?

Yepper :drinker: