I'm such a failure.

Options
13»

Replies

• Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you are really doing that work then you need to watch your diet. Good luck.
  • straetta
    straetta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't get mad at yourself! I have the same problem, but make sure you take all the vitamins you need to balance your mood. I also take 5HTP to help with serotin production, it really helps!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Please promise you will never write again on MFP "I am such a failure." This is self-defeating talk and you're setting yourself up for more of the same. This is not America's Biggest Loser where in one episode you see an amazing transformation that took a year of non-stop intensity. I didn't lose weight right away, yet I was working harder and eating less than ever before. It took a month before I started to see results.

If your diary isn't open, I can't offer any guidance there. Just make sure you weight everything...log everything. Eat back half your exercise calories. And never use the world "failure" in reference to yourself again. You are a winner for being here and putting in the hard work. Keep at it!
  • essa78
    essa78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am such a failure I struggle so hard to get in shape. I started insanity 60 day challenge three weeks ago and haven't lost a single pound in fact I gained three. I also started running 6 days a week in the evening 3.5 miles I have worked so hard and nothing. I hate the way I look I am so angry with myself it's unbelievable. Not a single change in my body. I won't quit but I have never been so discouraged in all my life I did realize two days ago I have been using my calorie counter wrong. I'm so distraught I can't believe I ruined three weeks of really hard work. I'm such an idiot! You know how hard it is to be 45 fat out of shape and do insanity and run I have worked harder than I ever have in my whole life and NOTHING!! AHHHHHH.........

Would you let a stranger talk to you this way? You are not an idiot, or a failure. If you decide tomorrow you won't exercise at all and eat nothing but nachos and ice cream you STILL won't be a failure.

You're working harder than you have in your whole life? Great! Just doing that means: You are not failing, you're working hard.
    Doing Insanity Challenge and running 3.5 miles 6 days a week?! That sound HEROIC!! I only dream about having that kind of dedication.

An idiot? A failure? Quite the contrary my dear, you sound like one Super Righteous Babe!!

BTW, no one here will ever tell you it will be easy, but it will be worth it.

Keep working hard, but cut yourself a break once in a while, ok?
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the muscle gain...it weighs more than fat so you may still be losing fat. However, the calorie counter (as well as how many calories you burn during exercise) is a guideline and not exact...I find that occasionally I have to make my own adjustments to it if I am not meeting my goals.

No it doesn't. 1 LB of muscle still weighs the same as 1 LB of fat. Common misconception. 1LB = 1 LB
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a waste of time. Did you enjoy the workouts? The running? If not, if you thought it was "wasted time" maybe you should try an activity that you do enjoy - so you won't feel that way. Also, think of the exercise as doing something healthy for for yourself - maybe you weren't losing weight, but you were helping your heart, etc.
  • alpinehealth
    alpinehealth Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Personally I NEVER eat my exercise calories. Just saying.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The reason people say that 1 pounds of muscle weighs more is that they are looking at volume rather than pounds. Muscle takes up less space. Here is a link to an thread on here. I didn't read the whole article, but maybe some folks here should.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/518763-muscle-does-not-weigh-more-than-fat-and-put-away-the-damn-sc
  • OUCHilly1
    OUCHilly1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself emotionally and physically! It sounds like you are working out pretty hard. Try and remember that exercise is a stressor, a good stressor mostly, but also can be a bad one. Try to run only 20 min a day and focus on increasing distance ran over time in the same amount of time. Look into yoga or meditation to help control stress in your life. Think positive. Laugh at yourself when you screw up! We all do it!
  • 4seasonsml
    Options
    You are talking down to yourself. You are not a failure. Keep exercising, look for ways to change your diet, eat less bad stuff and more good stuff. Good health is a constant journey that we all have deal with defeats and victories. God loves you for you - so keep on keeping on and never give up. Stay positive!!!!
  • WilliamBThomas
    Options
    As a personal trainer, here is my recommendation. Quit worrying about what the scale reads and concentrate on what your body composition says! Have you had your body composition checked by a trainer with calipers? If not, that needs to be your starting point. Then take a look at your nutrition. Your already on a good training program. Keep it up and you will see results.
  • annpatalexa
    annpatalexa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. In two or three weeks do it again. My scale was stuck at 215 for a while (my first attempt at making a healthy life style) but my inches kept dropping. I ended up going from a size 14 to a size 10 still at 215 pounds.

I've often looked back at this pin on facebook: http://tryit1nce.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/image11.jpg

4 weeks for you to see a difference
    8 weeks for friends and family to see a difference
    12 weeks for the world to see it.
    Keep moving