lululemon is to expensive have you found alternative?

Options
Hi I love lululemon workout clothes but they are so expensive. I have tried other cheaper places for exercise clothes such as old navy and winners but havent found anything that looks as nice as lululemon. I just wondering if anyone in MFP has found anything that looks as nice as lululemon but doesnt cost as much?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx- I really particularly like MPG- they make great gear.

LuLuLemon is rubbish- I'll never give them a cent. Body shaming *kitten*.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of my workout gear from the Sports Authority clearance racks. They have good quality items and not too bad pricing if you catch a good sale.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've never paid $90 for yoga pants from Lululemon but I know my other boutique yoga clothes like Lucy don't do anything more for me than the other 'high performance' stuff I find at Marshalls, like Nike and Adidas activewear, for half the cost or less.

There is a banner ad that appears here a lot for some brand with Kate Hudson's input. They have a first-time order half-price deal or something. Maybe someone will post the name, if they know it. I don't recall, though I see it here all the time. I browsed their wares but nothing looked as cute as the MFP ad pic to me, so I passed.

Old Navy quality seems really off to me. I do buy some because they're cheap but I never love them.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever's at TJMaxx, Marshall's, Burlington Coat Factory or on clearance somewhere. I can't see the point in spending tons of money on something you're going to sweat in. But that's just me!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but when im drenched in sweat and pushing myself on the treadmill I really could care less on how my cloths look. By what ive seen at the gym most others feel the same way (and I belong to a nicer gym). I use polyester moisture wicking material I like Nike or Underarmour but have a few no name brands that perform as well, which is to get the sweat off me and not get heavy like cotton does.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Fabletics - its kate hudson's line and its fantastic. Its $50 a month membership which gets you an outfit (top,bottom, sports bra, jacket, head band, etc.) You either select your outfit or skip the payment until the next month. You can buy individual pieces too. But the quality is awesome and I was spending $50 on leggings along so its nice to get an outfit. Her stuff is also designed that you can use it outside of the gym and is supposed to be slimming as well. You also earn rewards to free outfits. If you are interested, my referral link is below:

http://www.fabletics.com/invite/45470539/
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    TJX Holdings owns TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Winners, Home Goods, and the Canadian version of Home Goods.

Some of the Old Navy stuff is pretty decent IMO.
    I dont know where in Canada you are but try JCPenneys (I think they're up there).
    If you're close enough to the US border, sneak over and go shopping lol (legally sneak over of course lol)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Nike Factory Outlet.

Sierra Trading Post.

Danskin / VF

[EDIT]OH I forgot: JoesNewBalanceOutlet.com
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Costco has very good workout clothes under the Kirkland label.

There's always good old Sport Check if you can catch a sale. They've at least got a lot of the name brands.

I won't wear the Lululemon label, personally.
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get my workout clothes from:
    -Ross
    -Marshall's
    -T.J. Maxx
    -Listia (website)
    -Goody's
    -Kohls
    -Thrift shops
    -Essex Bargain Hunt

I don't feel comfortable wearing used workout clothes,but I've found items new with tags that were given to thrift stores or put in garage sales. Also, I've bought things as cheap as 50 cents on markdown! I've used Pinterest ideas to turn my workout clothes or old sweats/ tshirts into something nicer.
  • dpwellman
    Options
    TJX Holdings owns TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Winners, Home Goods, and the Canadian version of Home Goods.
    And just recently: Sierra Trading Post. Yippee! My rewards card is really busy now.
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    I agree with newdaydawning--I don't spend much on workout clothes/yoga clothes, and I don't wear them for anything but working out, so it doesn't matter to me as long as they are comfortable and practical. My waterproof top and pants are the most expensive, and I got those from Sports Authority on sale (The North Face brand). I like Lands' End active wear, so if you want nicer stuff, I'd try them from the online store (not from an outlet mall, because that stuff is more cheaply made).

Under Armour has been a reliable brand, also.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like Nike's stuff a lot, I've got some crops from them that I would wear every day if I didn't have to wash them :laugh:
    I got some crops from UnderArmour that I really like as well, but have only had them for a couple months, so I don't know for sure as far as durability after lots of workouts and washings. I think they were both around $40-$50
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I actually wear a lot of Old Navy compression tights that are pretty comparable to Lulu and they were $25 as opposed to $75.

I also like Under Armour, but truthfully, it depends on what you're doing. Stuff I'd wear to lift in I would not wear to run in.
  • dpwellman
    Options
    I like Nike's stuff a lot,
    Me too. I've gone through Asics, Sugoi, Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Adidas, Hind, Pearl Izumi, Salomon, Champion, Icebreaker, Zoot (probably some others I can't think of right now-- oh, yeah, CW-X and 2XU)

For the money, Nike has consistently the best fit and durability.
    Hind is my second favorite (can't beat the price). If I could afford it, I'd wear Icebreaker for everything.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The only lulu-wear I have, I picked up for next to nothing at a vintage store. That company won't receive a cent of my money, ever again. (I bought a headband once and it was useless). And that was BEFORE the body-shaming bulls***.

I personally shop vintage unless it's for undergarments or shoes, but I personally really like Adidas tops, and Underarmour has great everything. Nike has a few funky looking things these days. But if you really need affordable, Target actually has some semi-decent athletic wear. Really comfortable and it holds up.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I actually wear a lot of Old Navy compression tights that are pretty comparable to Lulu and they were $25 as opposed to $75.

I also like Under Armour, but truthfully, it depends on what you're doing. Stuff I'd wear to lift in I would not wear to run in.

Another vote for the Old Navy compression tights. I don't think yoga pants are comfortable to work in because of the material, but that's just me. Target also has a pretty good line of workout wear as well.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Marikatek. A lot of them even have pockets.

I really like the full length fabletics workout pants but they're just as expensive without membership, so.
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Danskin! I love their stuff and it's cheap!
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx- I really particularly like MPG- they make great gear.

LuLuLemon is rubbish- I'll never give them a cent. Body shaming *kitten*.

Dude. The MPG pants are amazing. They are all I can wear now because nothing else stays up. And they're hot.