Lost weight from waist but stomach looks bigger

Options
13»

Replies

• Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It does take a while for your stomach to go down. Mine started going down after doing ab crunches. I do about 100 crunches a couple times a week. Drinking plenty of water and watching your sodium intake is also a plus. Good luck!
  • 22ssingh
    22ssingh Posts: 35
    Options
    Well guys I am yet to weigh myself since I last posted, but I have certainly lost a bit more weight, my waist has shrunk even more and FINALLY my stomach has started to go down :D I'm feeling really good today, thanks to everyone who gave me advice
  • warsumm
    warsumm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up. Ive been on a deficit for 5 months, have lost 20 lbs and 5 inches from my waist, but i swear this damn gut is barely budging. It HAS, I know, but like many others said, just keep it up. the gut is the first you put on, and the last to go. Also, make sure your protein levels are high every day, like 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. This ensures you are not losing hard-earned muscle while also losing fat. You'll get there!
  • jimmyjamjam
    Options
    Bump.
    I've noticed the same thing. For me, it seems like I lose weight from my glutes and pelvic area so I think my stomach just ends up looking bigger in comparison. I am also wondering lately if building up my abs has added a little thickness cancels that ends up cancelling out some of the fat reduction... Can anybody speak to that?