8-year old's Birthday Party... Ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    make EVERYTHHING an activity.

FOOD: let them make their own pizza's with dough from trader joe's and ingredients in bowls.

DESSERT: let them have ice cream OPTIONS, i once bought a giant thing of vanilla ice cream two liter sodas in different flavors (89cents each) party cups and toppingsfruit/fudge/nuts/sprinkles. It was ice cream your way and they loved it. they made shakes and floats and things that like seemed to morph the two. kids are weird. and creativee.

PARTY FAVORS: T SHIRTS! Make thier own jammies. Puffy paints (glow in the dark is cool) or fabric sharpies and on the invite everyone brings thier own blank shirt (you can specify the color). They can put athlete letters, thier names, a logo, symbols of anything their involved in, or whatnot.

Video Games and a movie and your done!
  • gymboreejunkie
    gymboreejunkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Scavenger hunts are always fun. You can set this up when the kids are occupied doing something else so it is a surprise for your son as well.

Give each kid a bag and have the Birthday Boy read out each note telling the group here to go (i.e.: where we sit down to eat dinner, where we watch TV, where we brush our teeth). Hide clues in the house and outside. At each stop have a small gift... a lollipop, a plastic parachute guy, a glow stick, etc. The kids will be running all over the place which will help burn off some energy/sugar.

The glow sticks can be used at bedtime as well.

If you've never used them... orientaltrading.com has awesome stuff at reasonable prices. Games, prizes and crafts. I use them all the time when I plan my kids room parties at school. Dollar Stores work great too.

Have a great time!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to book a clown?
    sid_haig.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to book a clown?
    sid_haig.jpg

+1 for da clown

liam-neeson-taken-2-but-bad-clown1-e1343095103613.jpg
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Outdoor movie, firearms, smores

FIFY
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Cupcake bar!

Get a bunch of mini cupcakes, bake them and cool them.

Get frostings, sprinkles, candies, etc and get them to make their own
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Did someone say clowns?

http://youtu.be/hHjGtBnSv50
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Outdoor movie, fire, smores

that sounds fun! great idea~
  • johannaqv89
    johannaqv89 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    These ideas are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My to be 8 and 4 year old boys bdays are coming up.....and I needed ideas too :P
    Its harder to plan parties bc I dont know a whole lot of people with little kids and dont have family here :/
    MFP is beating google nowadays when I need to know something lol
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Have the kids make homemade flarp for an activity. There are many recipes online and kids love that stuff.