Keto friends?

Options
Hey guys!
My name is Holly and I am looking for some friends who also partake in a ketogenic way of eating. This is my second round, as I got off track for a few weeks the first time due to losing my support and decided I didn't care for a while.
I'm 4 days back in and really needing to have more people to be able to talk to about this. I have PCOS and am insulin resistant, Keto is the only way for me to lose weight and live a healthy life.

Feel free to add me, message me and if you'd like, I have a low-carb facebook group with some wonderful ladies.

♥ Hollyenna

Replies

• MichellePatterson92
    Options
    I started at 200 pounds a while back and got down to 181 and stalled, so my boyfriend suggested this diet. I started today, so fingers crossed! I'd love to help support and motivate you through it. :)
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    3 days in .. no problems encountered (still have energy to train). Not missing carbs (well maybe beer!!) but I can hack that for a while.
  • TennesseeGeek
    TennesseeGeek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Holly. I'm new to myfitnesspal. My sister and a friend told me about this app. I wish you well on your weight loss journey.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I have pcos too! I am going to try doing the keto again I am working my way up to it by cutting down on foods and carbs etc readying myself for that period of vlc. I would love to do it with you and others. And I would love to be 180. Actually thats my first major goal weight. The second 160. Currently I am at 237 to 240. I am trying to do something a little different based off different diets and things ive learned from previous vlc diets. As well as a idea on eating like a person with a lap band or similar surgery for stomache. I am trying to shrink my stomach down to not eat as much. I am a big overeater. I am trying the chew chew diet too.
  • DejikoGo
    DejikoGo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I also have PCOS and just started on keto 6/18. Feel free to add me! I log daily and always love seeing others' diaries.
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    I'm just restarting myself
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started Keto about 1 month ago and I am feeling great. I've lost 13 lbs. without feeling tired or hungry. You are all welcome to add me if you like. We can support each other.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request, I've been doing a keto diet since Feb.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been keto-ing for a year now. It's an awesome way of eating for me and it made 30ish lbs melt off me that would not budge on a high carb and low fat eating plan.
  • policywonk57
    policywonk57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ... just started Keto and welcome guidance -- recipes, how to best 'track", etc. : :smile: Also -- wondering what is a rapid but safe rate of loss while on Keto diet. My goal is is to lose 50 to 60 lbs. and want to be realistic about the rate of weekly loss.
  • jmacnally77
    jmacnally77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is KETO??
    Sorry for my ignorance. But I see some people in this conversation have PCOS, which I have as well, and has been a nightmare to lose weight with.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    What is KETO??
    Sorry for my ignorance. But I see some people in this conversation have PCOS, which I have as well, and has been a nightmare to lose weight with.

Keto is a low carb, high fat and moderate protein way of eating. It's said to help with symptoms of PCOS and some other medical issues, as well as aid in weight loss.
  • BellaJo78
    Options
    Hey I'm also new at this keto diet almost 1 week in n besides a few headaches here n there is pretty good so far. If there any takers I'm also looking for keto friends to share ideas with.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto since late October 2013. Anyone here who follows the same woe can add me as well. I've lost 66#'s so far.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since October 25th of this year, due to diabetes and being in perfect shape for a circle. Anyone on here who needs friends for support can feel free to add me!
  • vgravedo
    Options
    I just started on here and have been on a keto diet for over a week and really enjoying an increased amount of energy and focus! Looking for keto friends for support!
  • renegadesaint07
    renegadesaint07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is kind of an old thread, but I just started doing keto for the first time about 1.5-2 weeks ago. Already down 8lbs! Feel free to add me :)
  • dollforlife
    dollforlife Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still out there....I too have chosen a Keto diet way of living. Would love to add new friends for support/to support. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • RobinB1965
    RobinB1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been following a Keto plan since October and am down 12 lbs. I would love to have other Keto friends to help support on this WOE. I love it and have found it to be a very satisfying way to lose weight!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Not following the plan right now, but planning to start again after the new year. Feel free to send me a friend request. My diary is always open.