What do you hate most about being overweight?

Options
WombatHat42
WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
What do you feel is the worst thing about being overweight/obese? Not necessarily health related stuff but in general?

For me, it is a tie between not being as confident and sex isnt as good as when I was thinner.

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Not being able to horse back ride any more. Feeling unattractive and not wanting to be seen out in public too much...
  • WombatHat42
    Options
    Not being able to horse back ride any more. Feeling unattractive and not wanting to be seen out in public too much...

Probably one of my most embarrassing moments was when I took some international friends to Mt Rushmore and we were going horse riding and I was asked my weight and told I was too heavy in front of them. Talk about feeling like the american stereotype lol
  • Falcon
    Options

Probably one of my most embarrassing moments was when I took some international friends to Mt Rushmore and we were going horse riding and I was asked my weight and told I was too heavy in front of them. Talk about feeling like the american stereotype lol

That is my halfway goal treat. Being light enough to go horse back riding again
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    The way I look in the mirror during s_ _. Too much jiggling...
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hated clothes shopping. The many times i fought back tears in the dressing room because I couldn't fit into pants and certain cheaper stores wouldn't carry bigger sizes.
  • MightyAphroditi
    MightyAphroditi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not being able to play tennis any longer:sad: ............looking foward to resuming my game as I lose weight!!!:blushing:
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How it limits your life. After barely squeezing on the first rollercoaster ride I pretended I was terrified of heights to sit the rest out in case I was told I couldn't fit in the seats on the next one :/

That and the medical problems, thankfully since I've been losing I don't get the chest pains or the awful acid reflux any more.
  • WombatHat42
    Options
    The way I look in the mirror during s_ _. Too much jiggling...

I'm not alone! My ex had a mirror in her room and it got to the point where I had to convince her to explore the rest of the house haha Thank god her roommates never walked in
  • Falcon
    Options
    My ankle on the left side healed and I stopped getting this horrible pain that was making it diffcult to walk fast.

26 pounds lighter and the pain disappeared seven pounds ago....
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Felt like my double chin was going to suffocate me in my sleep.
  • Amanda_88_J
    Options
    Being asked if Im pregnant- or "when are you due". Okay I get it... I have a small frame... but a large tummy.
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Felt like my double chin was going to suffocate me in my sleep.

This, this right here!

Just the over all uncomfortableness. I don't think that was an actual word, but I used it anyway. I never used to feel awkward in my own body and at my heaviest I did. Every darn thing was awkward.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    For me it's feeling unconfident. In bed, being naked, wearing my bathing suit, being out clothes shopping - anywhere where my weight comes to the forefront.
  • dhall2011
    dhall2011 Posts: 209
    Options
    Feeling like everyone was staring and grossed out or just being uncomfortable.
  • Falcon
    Options
    having my left foot swell up during sleeping hours and making it difficult to put the shoe on
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Within the last year or two, my weight has started to show more in my belly. I hate this. At least when I was carrying it in my thighs, it could be hidden. Now I feel like hiding it requires restricting undergarments that squash my internal organs and cause general discomfort.

Also, my lack of confidence...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    the way my back fat used to interfere with the way my bra fit, ugh. So happy that's not an issue anymore.
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ive been married almost 7 years now and im still not comfortable in front of my husband naked... he loves me no matter what but its hard to get over how much i hate the way i look... after having two kids ... well it sucks even more...
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    That feeling of helplessness sometimes when I look in the mirror. Hard to change my own perception.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    the being fat part.