How long would it take to Safely lose 8-9 Inches off Waist?

Options
I'm thinking 5-8 Months?

Also, How many inches around the waist have you lost Ladies?

Replies

• ValenciaJudokova
    ValenciaJudokova Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump, Anyone?
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over one inch in 70 days.

Lots of factors go into that though- body shape, starting waist, amount of weight you have to lose, etc.

I don't think there's a formula to even estimate that one ;)
  • ValenciaJudokova
    Options
    Thanks for your reply :smile: I am an hourglass
  • crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ive lost close to 50 inches total in my measurements
    for my stomach started out at a 44 in my waist and now currently at a 37 waist
    my main pic shows my before and current pics :) it did take a few months before i could really start seeing it but
    for me my mid section and thighs are my hardest thing to lose the quickest lol

healthy eating no more fast foods no more sodas and intense workouts at least 3x a week
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It took me 60 lbs to lose 9 inches from my waist, about 7 months to lose the 60 lbs.
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for 7 months. I've lost 65lbs and 13.5 inches from my waist. Hope that helps.
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 4 inches from my waist in about 7 weeks, and lost all of two pounds on the scales... that's a combination of weight training (mostly machines as I only have access to the community gym with a tiny freeweights section) and Zumba for cardio - as well as a few other fitness classes, mostly of the Les Mills type.

I'd lost my hourglass shape and am gaining it back pretty rapidly, so I'm pleasantly surprised with the speed it's happening.
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and will lose from different places at different rates.
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well since start of feb I have lost 6 inches from my waist ie 36 to 30ins, and from the hips 43ins approx to 37ins ie 6 inches. I have been measuring very regularly on the 5;2 so this is accurate. say 1 inch per month from each place. It should take 8 or 9 months. Good luck!!
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 4 months to loose 4.7 inches from my waist.
  • ValenciaJudokova
    Options
    So much amazing progress :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes thats right , about one inch per month......
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It really depends. People lose weight in different ways, could depend on how big you're starting out, how hard you're working at it, genetics... I lost about 2 inches and lost about 20lbs.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    As a previous poster said, depends since you lose weight in areas differently. For me, I've lost 6 inches in my waist in about 5 weeks. Now that area is stalling but I've lost in my arms and chest.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 inches off my waist since October 2013.
  • mrcortez1
    mrcortez1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It all depends on several factors diet, types of exercises,Timing of eating, genetics, start size vs optimum size, lifestyle vs previous lifestyle. That said, you may lose 1 inch off your waist for every 5-15 lbs off your body. Big range and its because of the aforementioned factors. On average putting in the effort and energy to do it right and with dedication and smarts....I'd say expect to lose an inch per 8 lbs lost. 8-9" off would take on average about 6-10 months and 60-70lbs off.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 inches over about 9 months. It's subjective. I'm a pretty natural hourglass. Total loss was 35lbs.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hope OP figured out their answer after almost 5 years... :lol:

:D:D:D:D
  • karenbovenmyer
    karenbovenmyer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 inches in 8 months doing Bright Line Eating (-60 pounds and -11% body fat)