Hello MFP, Chris here.

Options
Well, my name is Chris I am 23 years old and live in Fl. I had found MFP a month ago while lurking around reddit loseit. Anyone familiar with the community on reddit you`d understand why i chose this forum to make my first post in. No offense to redditors.. This just seems like a friendlier environment. Every starter post I seen recommended it and I can definitely see why. Since starting MFP I am much more aware of how bad the food around me is and just how many calories I had unknowingly been consuming.

My ultimate goal is not a weight but a dream.. I want to be a police officer, which requires a certain level of fitness so here I am beginning on the road to success.
I am currently 313lbs 5`11. I recently joined planetfitness and have been going 6 days a week for 1-2hours a day for the last 2 weeks. I`m following a 1200 cal. a day diet.. I realize that Is a bit controversial thing to say here.. But i am finding it very easy with the amount of cardio i am doing.. So i am comfortable with it

Came on here to fill my friends list with fellow ACTIVE fitters. So feel free to add me so we can kill it together.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    No doctor would put you at 1200 per day. Ignore me if you disagree. Add me if you want to talk.
  • 178lbs
    178lbs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Nice to 'meet' you. I'm from the United Kingdom.
    It sounds like you have made a great start with the exercise. 1200 calories sounds low, but at the end of the day I think you should be governed by how you feel ie, energy levels etc.
    I am currently gearing myself up whilst on vacation , ready to hit the gym and clean up my diet next week when I return home.
    By the way - i think it's great that you have a clear focus in term of future vocation - I bet that will help you stay on track :))
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Phil