what meal do you consume most calories?

Options
Hi everyone!! Got a general question, hubby and I have a debate.. at which meal do you eat the most calories? Is it better to have heaviest meal in the morning or at night?

always looking for insights..

add me if you like.

Kim

Replies

• Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I can't stomach a heavy breakfast and I don't have enough time at work for a big lunch. I also like a big dinner because it keeps me full until I go to bed.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter as calories do not tell time.

My meals usually are about 500 calories each leaving 500 for snacks.

For me tho I try to eat more carbs during the day to help with my workout vs after my workout is done.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    My evening snack is the biggest, typically.

But that said, it's personal preference. Meal timing and frequency depends on the individual. Everyone is different. It has no bearing on weight loss in the grand scheme. ;) Do what makes you feel best and maintain a deficit.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Usually Lunch is my biggest meal, but it can also be Dinner.

I try to do about 500-600 calories for Lunch and Dinner. Sometimes it's higher, sometimes it's lower.
  • sjserna
    sjserna Posts: 48
    Options
    Dinner ! Breakfast is usually really light with light snacks and during the day I usually don't have lunch so I snack a little more
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Dinner!!!
    It is easier to control my choices for breakfast and lunch and allows me to have a "normal" dinner with the hubby.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My biggest meal is dinner, except for today, in which case it's breakfast. I've also eaten 2500 calories one day and 1200 the next, because hey, calories can't tell time.

So OP, who was right, you or your husband?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    my biggest meal is always dinner and bedtime snack if I have one. I just plan my day around it.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a better/worse answer - unless it matters for the individual. Such as does eating a big meal at night keep you awake?

Usually my dinner is larger but some days the sum total of my snacks is more than that. Depends on how the day plays out.
  • LadyKim66
    LadyKim66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great discussion.. I am seeing it is just a personal preference. I tend to think more during the day, hubby says evenings. But i guess my thinking is that during the day I am more active so I would want more then. After dinner I tend to veg out and definitely not active so I don't want it all just to sit there.. LOL. I don't know. still new to this and trying to find my way.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Great discussion.. I am seeing it is just a personal preference. I tend to think more during the day, hubby says evenings. But i guess my thinking is that during the day I am more active so I would want more then. After dinner I tend to veg out and definitely not active so I don't want it all just to sit there.. LOL. I don't know. still new to this and trying to find my way.
    Regardless of when you eat, food moves through your digestive tract at about the same rate. All of those sayings about "Eating before bed makes it turn to FAT" or "If you're hungry, you're losing weight!" "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a blah blahh" just aren't backed up by any science. All else controlled if you eat at a deficit (let's say 1,500 calories is a deficit for you), you would lose the same amount of weight if you ate all 1,500 for breakfast OR all 1,500 for dinner, or if you had 15 meals that were 100 calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Dinner!!!
    It is easier to control my choices for breakfast and lunch and allows me to have a "normal" dinner with the hubby.

Pretty much this.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Got a general question, hubby and I have a debate.. at which meal do you eat the most calories? Is it better to have heaviest meal in the morning or at night?

add me if you like.

Kim

My biggest is usually my meal post workout....
    on the order of 1,000 calories or more.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. I usually have a light breakfast (150-300 calories), a light lunch (300-400 calories), a small snack after work, and then the rest of my calories at dinner, around 8 pm. If I do a long bike ride (more than 2 hours), I will usually have a few hundred calories during the ride, too.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Since meal timing doesn't affect weight loss, the amount of my calorie consumption varies from day to day.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Lunch
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Weekdays:
    Breakfast: 50-200 calories
    Lunch: 500-600 calories.
    Dinner: ~800 calories.

Weekends:
    Breakfast: 0
    Brunch: 309674520947 calories
    Dinner: A hangover.

This is remarkably close to my diet plan.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, it seems to vary by the day. I was starving after my workout this morning (probably because I hit the gym last night, too) so I had a bigger breakfast than usual. Typically, dinner is a little bit bigger than my other meals. Because, wine.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

add me if you like.

Kim

My biggest is usually my meal post workout....
    on the order of 1,000 calories or more.

^Same for me.

Like to eat big after training.