lost over 100lbs, need to lose ~25 more, lost all motivation

Options
Hi there. I'm a 29 year old woman who, over the last year and 8 months, has lost about 113lbs. I lost 100 last year, and have been stuck where I am for about 4 or 5 months. I've lost motivation, and keep yo-yoing between 164-170. What works, food-wise, for me to lose in the past doesn't work anymore. I can get down to 164 again by netting 800 calories, (eat 1400, work off 500 according to FitBit) but that's hard to keep up. My problem now is that I want to eat on plan for most of the week, then go insane (and I am phenomenal at eating bad.) On plan for me just means within calories, but I do try to eat balanced overall.

Has anyone else been in this situation? How did you pull through? I am considering hiring a personal trainer through my University (I'm a full-time grad student, teach, and have a second job, so I'm stretched pretty tight, but I've been overweight my whole life and want to be in the "normal" bmi as a 30th birthday present to myself this December.) I know that will help my fitness, but will it help weight loss? And I am anxious over a trainer that will tell me to eat only chicken breast and salads (if I can't eat everything in moderation, I will binge like mad.)

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    eat more

im in the same kinda thing have 20 pounds to lose after losing 150 pounds

im taking it slow and eating about 1600-1700 a day seeing slow loss
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks, salembambi. :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You've done a tremendous job. Take a break - take six months, a year, whatever, and stay on maintenance. It's ok to have an extended recovery period - what you just went through was *hard*, both physically and psychologically.

You'll known when you're ready to tackle the last little bit.

And congrats on being awesome! :flowerforyou: