LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Lick

Whoa, that's naughty

Naughty is good...:laugh:
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So it's okay to post about being horny, if you'd bang or spank someone, if someone is hot or not, but not finding strength through Christ (or Allah or whoever you get strength from). :huh:

I could understand the objection if someone was pushing others to be/join a certain religion or bashing another religion but it's just a motivational quote/verse.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If the believer is in alleged 24-7 lifetime psychic communication with a deity who is also omniscient and omnipresent then why bother? JesusGod already knows. So what's the point?

And iff it is to show your piety, broadcasting your faith is not very pious, after all, Jesus admonished believers to pray in private.

Then what is the point of starting a thread like this? Does the OP need their piety stroked? And if that is the case, then the OP has not been really "strengthened.'
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    While I agree, I'm going to give you a word of advice... Threads promoting religious beliefs (of any kind) are REALLY frowned upon here and usually do not end well. Plus, they are against the terms of service for the website and end up getting locked/deleted. I'd suggest finding a Christian group through the "Community" tab at the top. There are plenty of groups for specific aspects of life there, including ones for religious beliefs.

I was surprised when it didn't get ugly in the first 10 posts.

Me 2
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I go to the Church of the Fonz

Fonzie be praised!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OP, YES you can! So can I! Keep the faith :flowerforyou:
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    While I agree, I'm going to give you a word of advice... Threads promoting religious beliefs (of any kind) are REALLY frowned upon here and usually do not end well. Plus, they are against the terms of service for the website and end up getting locked/deleted. I'd suggest finding a Christian group through the "Community" tab at the top. There are plenty of groups for specific aspects of life there, including ones for religious beliefs.

I was surprised when it didn't get ugly in the first 10 posts.
    ]

Surprised..............or disappointed? Don't worry there is still time ;)

Little of column A, little of column B. Considering it's a first post, troll?

Sitting quietly in the corner, fingers in ears lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal...........
  • jmdg5141
    jmdg5141 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through myself. If I succeed, it's because of my own will power. If I fail, it is because I have failed myself.

Agreed. I am the one on the treadmill. lol
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's so strange that we believe in God for all other things but when it comes to health and wellness we absolutey can count on his strength for that too
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    So it's okay to post about being horny, if you'd bang or spank someone, if someone is hot or not, but not finding strength through Christ (or Allah or whoever you get strength from). :huh:

I could understand the objection if someone was pushing others to be/join a certain religion or bashing another religion but it's just a motivational quote/verse.

But oh so threatening...
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

^^^^ yep
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I go to the Church of the Fonz

Fonzie be praised!

Aaaaaaaaay!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

But those are cool and edgy where as letting others reach other to people of similar beliefs is lame. Its much cooler to bash them like they dragged you in here kicking and screaming.

Signed,

Someone who doesn't get strength to workout from Jesus but doesn't mind if others do
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Amen! When I started out too fast in my first 10k and fizzled after only 2 miles and started thinking about quitting, I noticed the woman in front of me with this scripture on the back of her t-shirt. And, I ran on to finish within 5 minutes of my goal.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The Church of Bacon is pretty good, too....

However I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only deity to offer a beer-volcano in the afterlife...
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-let-him-take-the-wheel-dd2036.jpg
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Amen! When I started out too fast in my first 10k and fizzled after only 2 miles and started thinking about quitting, I noticed the woman in front of me with this scripture on the back of her t-shirt. And, I ran on to finish within 5 minutes of my goal.

When I used to race I did something similar. Scriptures are off-putting to me; churches have a violent history against those who don't follow their particular "brand" of deity. So my inspirations have been different--following someone with a humorous slogan on their shirt, or a woman wearing a shirt I like-trying to figure out what brand it is so I can look for it, or a guy who I think is sexy but who is a little faster than me so I have to push to keep him in sight as eye-candy.

Maybe we should all wear non-denominational motivational slogans on the backs of our running shirts--though I guess that would make the competition harder if you are trying to win instead of just hitting a personal time-mark.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Why is it OK to tease or mock this poster because she believes in Christianity, yet if this post were directed to another religion, people would be respectful?

In fact its TOTALLY uncalled for to tease about someones race, or sexual preference, but some of my "friends" here think its ok to poke for at people who put their faith in Jesus.

I respect my friends who are jewish, muslim, atheist, or anything for that matter. Its too bad that I can't count on the same in return.

Probably why I left this place the last time. Complete hypocrisy and disrespect if you ask me.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through myself. If I succeed, it's because of my own will power. If I fail, it is because I have failed myself.

I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Why is it OK to tease or mock this poster because she believes in Christianity, yet if this post were directed to another religion, people would be respectful?

In fact its TOTALLY uncalled for to tease about someones race, or sexual preference, but some of my "friends" here think its ok to poke for at people who put their faith in Jesus.

I respect my friends who are jewish, muslim, atheist, or anything for that matter. Its too bad that I can't count on the same in return.

Probably why I left this place the last time. Complete hypocrisy and disrespect if you ask me.

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.