I CAN DO ALL THINGS THRU CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME

Options
124»

Replies

• fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Why is it OK to tease or mock this poster because she believes in Christianity, yet if this post were directed to another religion, people would be respectful?

Why is it OK to spout loaded questions with absolutely no foundation in reality?
  • IAmPersuaded
    IAmPersuaded Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Quoted: Amen! When I started out too fast in my first 10k and fizzled after only 2 miles and started thinking about quitting, I noticed the woman in front of me with this scripture on the back of her t-shirt. And, I ran on to finish within 5 minutes of my goal.

kluvit...That is awesome!!!
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Why is it OK to tease or mock this poster because she believes in Christianity, yet if this post were directed to another religion, people would be respectful?

In fact its TOTALLY uncalled for to tease about someones race, or sexual preference, but some of my "friends" here think its ok to poke for at people who put their faith in Jesus.

I respect my friends who are jewish, muslim, atheist, or anything for that matter. Its too bad that I can't count on the same in return.

Probably why I left this place the last time. Complete hypocrisy and disrespect if you ask me.

:heart:
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    So it's okay to post about being horny, if you'd bang or spank someone, if someone is hot or not, but not finding strength through Christ (or Allah or whoever you get strength from). :huh:

I could understand the objection if someone was pushing others to be/join a certain religion or bashing another religion but it's just a motivational quote/verse.

Wholeheartedly agree with this!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't think the reaction here is specific to Christianity. I think the reaction would be similar to any post that features a specific religion.

If you think your God helps you lose weight, that's great, but you still have to log your calories and exercise.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    So it's okay to post about being horny, if you'd bang or spank someone, if someone is hot or not, but not finding strength through Christ (or Allah or whoever you get strength from). :huh:

I could understand the objection if someone was pushing others to be/join a certain religion or bashing another religion but it's just a motivational quote/verse.

But those are cool and edgy where as letting others reach other to people of similar beliefs is lame. Its much cooler to bash them like they dragged you in here kicking and screaming.

Signed,

Someone who doesn't get strength to workout from Jesus but doesn't mind if others do

^ I agree. I'm not a religious person in any way but I don't see why this would be such a problem or issue on these forums.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

In fact its TOTALLY uncalled for to tease about someones race, or sexual preference, but some of my "friends" here think its ok to poke for at people who put their faith in Jesus.

I respect my friends who are jewish, muslim, atheist, or anything for that matter. Its too bad that I can't count on the same in return.

Probably why I left this place the last time. Complete hypocrisy and disrespect if you ask me.

Where are you getting that she is being mocked only because she is christian? This probably would have happened with any religious shouty cap random post.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Where are you getting that she is being mocked only because she is christian? This probably would have happened with any religious shouty cap random post.
    There is PLENTY of mocking in this thread. I don't need to quote them all for you.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

+1
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    SO what is the argument about this time?
  • dstewart511
    dstewart511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am new to this forum too so I appreciate the links. Also, if I did not see this topic in my right hand menu, I probably would not have joined and/or looked at any of the forums.

Believers are to keep each other accountable and share the gospel with unbelievers. We witness through our actions, words and personal testimony. The Holy Spirit will do the work, not us. Check out this video on witnessing, don't let the title distract you or the negative comments from this post! :smile:

How to Answer the Fool: A Presuppositional Defense of the Faith

God bless you!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Highest of fives here. I'm with you in this. It's wrong regardless of race, colour, sexual preference...
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I don't think the reaction here is specific to Christianity. I think the reaction would be similar to any post that features a specific religion.

If you think your God helps you lose weight, that's great, but you still have to log your calories and exercise.

And if the OP had claimed otherwise that might be relevant.

I say who gives a fig. If lady A gets up and squats because of Jesus/Allah/Thor/Tony Stark and Lady B gets up and squats for a fine *kitten* and lady C gets up and squats for the long term health benefits of resistance training...why is lady A more worthy of mockery? Why does the motivation matter if you don't share it? So you can let her know you don't share it?
  • Grimmerick
    Options

There is PLENTY of mocking in this thread. I don't need to quote them all for you.

Uh duh, of course there is mocking, now where are they mocking her only because she is of the christian religion as you state above?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    get a church
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    trollin going on here now
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Rock on OP

I gain most of my strength from ritual sacrifices of basics so I can totally relate
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Thank you! I am new to this forum too so I appreciate the links. Also, if I did not see this topic in my right hand menu, I probably would not have joined and/or looked at any of the forums.

Believers are to keep each other accountable and share the gospel with unbelievers. We witness through our actions, words and personal testimony. The Holy Spirit will do the work, not us. Check out this video on witnessing, don't let the title distract you or the negative comments from this post! :smile:

How to Answer the Fool: A Presuppositional Defense of the Faith

God bless you!

well isn't this interesting, poster is a 40 year old female 2 posts and no friends or profile..............and so are you and this is your first post...........hmmm shocking. Hello Troll
  • jendayih
    jendayih Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Then I'm guess they would find a thread that suits them? It's not that hard.
This discussion has been closed.