What to make WITH lettuce wraps

Options
I am trying to figure out some kind of "side dish" to go with my chicken lettuce wraps. I am mind boggled as to what would go with them....suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks MFP friends.

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out some kind of "side dish" to go with my chicken lettuce wraps. I am mind boggled as to what would go with them....suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks MFP friends.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Gosh when my wife and I have these. That's all we have lettuce wraps and hot tea.

I would imagine rice going well with them.

Also shrimp is very light, and would complement the crunchy of the wraps. Maybe some shrimp with a couple of dipping sauces (gotta have the hot mustard to put hair on your chest)
  • dothompson
    Options
    Gosh when my wife and I have these. That's all we have lettuce wraps and hot tea.

I would imagine rice going well with them.

Also shrimp is very light, and would complement the crunchy of the wraps. Maybe some shrimp with a couple of dipping sauces (gotta have the hot mustard to put hair on your chest)
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Couscous
    Egg fried rice
    prawn cocktail
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ooops double post :blushing:
  • likes2bwet
    Options
    RIce, who'da thunk. My brain isn't quite functioning today as you can tell. :tongue:
  • likes2bwet
    Options
    what is Couscous ?
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    what is the recipe for the lettuce wraps??? if u dont mind telling me........it sounds good!!!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    couscous is a grain, It's a lot like rice but much smaller. very yummy stuff!:happy:
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would think the couscous would be great with them!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    what is the recipe for the lettuce wraps??? if u dont mind telling me........it sounds good!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Asian coleslaw?
  • dothompson
    Options
    couscous is a grain, It's a lot like rice but much smaller. very yummy stuff!:happy:

It's also a whole grain, so it's nutritious. Extremely fast and easy to prepare.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I generally do cucumber and bell pepper slices.
  • mschiller36
    mschiller36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We like Edamame, in the pod. Sticks with the Asian theme, adds a protein boost and it's just fun to eat :)