Flexibility

Options
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well on your weight loss journey.

My question is about flexibility. I have none. I can touch my toes when I stretch, but that's pretty much the extent of it. I'm looking for some exercises that will help improve my flexibility. I've heard that yoga helps and possibly pilates. Does anyone have a yoga or pilates dvd that you recommend? Any other ideas on how I can improve my flexibility?

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Rodney Yee's yoga video's, and yes yoga will help your flexibility aswell as many other things!
  • tristanC85
    Options
    try a "Bikram" yoga class! They heat the room so that while doing yoga poses, you sweat out water weight! Its a good way to gain flexibility as well as losing weight!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Yoga is AWESOME. I hiiighly recommend any yoga DVDs by Barbara Benagh. The first one I got was Yoga for Beginners. It has 8 routines on there of varying lengths. You can find it on Amazon for around $8-9. Since then, I've bought her Yoga for Stress Relief and Yoga for Athletes DVDs, and each of those have 22+ routines on them. If you'd rather do a book, Slim Calm Sexy Yoga by Tara Stiles is well rated. I bought it, just haven't read through it yet.