Lazy or more work

Options
So coming home from preschool-it is something I do with girls in my complex and their kids-I was walking with one of my friends and said, man I just want to take them somewhere. Then I thought-that would be more work just getting them in and out of the car. So I opted for making something at home. I prefer staying home for lunch, 1. because it is a better option and 2. because it is a pain to take my kids out all alone. What is your take on this-Lazy or too much work? If you say lazy-how many kids do you have?

Replies

• SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think taking kids out for lunch is bad...
    1. you spend more money that you dont need to spend ...
    2. these days you cant get much of a healthy option out there, so food at home (if you do it right) is going to be better for them
    3. I dont have kids but I can imagine running around with two or three by yourself must be insane, especially in a shopping centre
    4. it gives you more time to play with them out and have fun, rather than walking around a shop for food
    so overall, I dont think its lazy I think its smart
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I dont see why its lazy- its seems cheaper, healthier and if it's easier on you than hey bonus!

I dont have kids, but I do have 4 younger brothers and my mom ran daycare out of our house when I was little. Cookin up some noodles and chicken fingers is def easier than getting everyone in the car to go out. Nothin to be ashamed of / feel lazy about there!
  • KellyS0828
    KellyS0828 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say lazy. It can be a pain lugging around the kids with the baby bag, baby carrier. Plus hoping that they behave and not start throwing a fit. Ecspecially since lunch time was always close to my kids nap time. Not that I never went out for lunch with the kids, but I had to plan early in the day and schedule the lunch for an early time to coordinate with the possible fussiness. My kids are all older now, just have different set of problems now. Rowdy and obnoxious now. Good luck.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Your a good mom you are caring for them the best you can relax and enjoy they dont stay little long
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd much rather make a healthy, home-cooked lunch for my boys (2-1/2 and 4), than feed them processed restaurant food. That being said, it's also a *lot* easier to handle them at home if they get rambunctious than it is if they're hungry and we're out somewhere.
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    I feel its too much work than its worth. I have 5 kids and it is easier and healthier to stay home and make them lunch. Enven when I do take them out to lunch they dont eat half of what they get, and want something else as soon as we get home.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I would think of it as efficient. Saving time, saving personal energy, saving gas, saving money, saving calories. :) Staying home to cook is definitely more efficient.