Eat garbage and be perfect

Options
Okay, okay... I know it's not "What" you eat but how much you eat and all that...
But did you ever notice that commercials always depict the most extremely healthy, happy, thin, fit and glowing people eating crap like Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC, etc...? :smile:

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay... I know it's not "What" you eat but how much you eat and all that...
    But did you ever notice that commercials always depict the most extremely healthy, happy, thin, fit and glowing people hocking whatever they are trying to sell, no matter the product :smile:

Fixed.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    But did you ever notice that commercials always depict the most extremely healthy, happy, thin, fit and glowing people eating crap like Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC, etc...? :smile:
    Right and only extremely aesthetic looking people drink beer and smoke cigarettes. Advertising is meant to sell products, not depict reality.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    But did you ever notice that commercials always depict the most extremely healthy, happy, thin, fit and glowing people hocking whatever they are trying to sell, no matter the product :smile:

Fixed.

You beat me to it.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm fit but I eat that stuffs.

Also, welcome to marketing 101
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No matter what someone is trying to sell they tend to pick healthy and happy looking people. Doesn't matter what it is. You think the people using the shake weights actually got their bodies by using them?

90af62b5-1aa3-4013-aaa3-825ddcbe71a5.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't watch commercials except during the Super Bowl.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    No matter what someone is trying to sell they tend to pick healthy and happy looking people. Doesn't matter what it is. You think the people using the shake weights actually got their bodies by using them?

LOL, I totally had the treadclimber commercials in mind.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't have cable and don't watch TV...but I get enough here...seeing thin/fit people claiming they eat whatever they want to get there...

but again, that's a different subject: whatever they want doesn't equate to whatever I want...so it does explain why they are thin and I am fat.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Fixed.

They don't put plus sized women in Victoria's Secret commercials either. Just smiling pretty girls. BRB, I'm going to go eat a burger.

Kate%2BUptonMmm%2BBurger%2B1.gif
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options

LOL, I totally had the treadclimber commercials in mind.

HAHA I had the OLD bow flex commercials in mind.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    but again, that's a different subject: whatever they want doesn't equate to whatever I want...so it does explain why they are thin and I am fat.

So...the fact that I sometimes eat that "crap" and still lose is an anomaly?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I don't have cable and don't watch TV...but I get enough here...seeing thin/fit people claiming they eat whatever they want to get there...

:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • usmcmp
    Options

We do eat whatever we want. Not all at once and smaller portions. We also tend to eat more than just what we want. Like on Fridays I have pizza 90% of the time. I also have eggs for breakfast with a banana, chicken and vegetables at lunch, more protein as a snack, with a couple of slices of pizza at dinner. Fits my calories and macros because I ate normal the rest of the day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of "garbage" and I am well...pretty close...

j/k
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Being healthy is totally about WHAT one eats (the majority of the time). Also, losing weight, in and of itself, is not an indicator of health. For example, losing lbm looks great on the scale and terrible on the body.

PS. I know I'll get ridiculed for my comment but... I just can't follow the logic that food is all equal. When a person eats a diet based on foods low in essential nutrients (or just "enriched" in processing) they will not be as healthy as other who are adequately nourished; hence all the illnesses so rampant today.

Anyway, do and eat what you want. And so will I.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Fixed.

They don't put plus sized women in Victoria's Secret commercials either. Just smiling pretty girls. BRB, I'm going to go eat a burger.

Kate%2BUptonMmm%2BBurger%2B1.gif

Lol I thought that's how everyone eats a burger?
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Similarly...try ordering something healthy at most eatting establishments. The meals are made to look and taste great, not be healthy. My friends HATE going out with me to lunch...as often, I tell them there is nothing on the menu I can eat. Even simple dishes like chicken or fish are cooked in oil or smothered in fatty sauces.

When I walk down the halls of a mall, I'm overwhelmed with just how unhealthy the food is..but man does it look tasty.

End of rant...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

We do eat whatever we want. Not all at once and smaller portions. We also tend to eat more than just what we want. Like on Fridays I have pizza 90% of the time. I also have eggs for breakfast with a banana, chicken and vegetables at lunch, more protein as a snack, with a couple of slices of pizza at dinner. Fits my calories and macros because I ate normal the rest of the day.
    I also LOVE pizza on Fridays. It's like a calling. :love: :love: :love:
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Ah, I love Netflix.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Similarly...try ordering something healthy at most eatting establishments. The meals are made to look and taste great, not be healthy. My friends HATE going out with me to lunch...as often, I tell them there is nothing on the menu I can eat. Even simple dishes like chicken or fish are cooked in oil or smothered in fatty sauces.

When I walk down the halls of a mall, I'm overwhelmed with just how unhealthy the food is..but man does it look tasty.

End of rant...

I was going to make a comment about not enjoying life, but you are prepping for a bodybuilding competition. That's a different story. I went out to eat up until two weeks out from my second show. Most places will grill chicken and broil fish with no oils or seasoning on request.