Questions for ladies with hourglass/top hourglass shapes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Why not l love the body you have? One thing i learned is beauty is confidence not Kim K body lol

Why not both?
  • jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was an hourglass in my 20s, hips and bust both 10" bigger than my waist. Now I'm in my late 40s, the difference is more like 4"!!! Bodies change as we age. Celebrate your fitness and strength, eat well and exercise hard. Be yourself :-)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I think you are a bit confused.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Did you not like the answers you got on the bodybuilding.com forums? Kimm's right, if you're only 20 years old you've probably still got a couple years of see-saw before your body starts consistently holding and losing fat in the same spots. And if you want to add curves now, try eating more and gaining muscle, especially your shoulders and legs, to give the appearance of a more dramatic hourglass.

I actually asked here first. Here but that has nothing to do with this question. I wanted to see what other women with hourglasses goals were and what their struggles were. Not why body shape has changed it's not apart of the topic.

I asked why my body changed here but this isn't the thread I'm asking about that.

I'm hoping I hold fat or my hips widen a bit with hormonal changes I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.

yep, this was pretty well covered in the BB.com forum...both in the thread you posted last year & in the one in the women's BB section just a couple of days ago. Pretty funny stuff.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163459171

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153435081&page=1

edited for clarity

Yeah we talked about that today actually not a few days ago.

And you guys on bb are pretty ignorant. It's hilarious.

I was an hourglass in my 20s, hips and bust both 10" bigger than my waist. Now I'm in my late 40s, the difference is more like 4"!!! Bodies change as we age. Celebrate your fitness and strength, eat well and exercise hard. Be yourself :-)

It seems to me the more I take care of my body the more I get the look I want it seems. It motivates me to exercise. My mom's approaching 40 she has issues in the thighs I definitely gain in my thighs I know that'll be my battle when the time comes likely.
    Why not l love the body you have? One thing i learned is beauty is confidence not Kim K body lol

Well I actually am more curvy than kim if bust is added into the equation. So body typewise I'm close it's just I wish I had a wider butt other than that I like my body shape.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Delete
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Did you not like the answers you got on the bodybuilding.com forums? Kimm's right, if you're only 20 years old you've probably still got a couple years of see-saw before your body starts consistently holding and losing fat in the same spots. And if you want to add curves now, try eating more and gaining muscle, especially your shoulders and legs, to give the appearance of a more dramatic hourglass.

I actually asked here first. Here but that has nothing to do with this question. I wanted to see what other women with hourglasses goals were and what their struggles were. Not why body shape has changed it's not apart of the topic.

I asked why my body changed here but this isn't the thread I'm asking about that.

I'm hoping I hold fat or my hips widen a bit with hormonal changes I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.

yep, this was pretty well covered in the BB.com forum...both in the thread you posted last year & in the one in the women's BB section just a couple of days ago. Pretty funny stuff.

edited for clarity

Yeah we talked about that today actually not a few days ago.

And you guys on bb are pretty ignorant. It's hilarious.

right? everytime i get lead there from a question on google i already know i'm in for some hilarity and 30 minutes of times wasting and still have no answer to my question.

although today i was pleasantly surprised. went looking for ideas on how to train chest without putting pressure on shoulder (i know right it's like asking how can i eat this PBJ and avoid the J) but i was led to the decline bench press. a move i used to make fun of but now i'm learning it has its uses
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Quote..I agree with your comment... totally????
    There are no foods that determine where you gain fat. Fat is fat is fat, and it'll settle wherever it wants to on your body. You don't get to choose where you gain it, just like you don't get to choose where you lose it, either. The only thing you do have control over is where you build muscle, which is why I suggested starting strength training.
    [/quote]
  • snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options

edited for clarity

Ok.you seriously have some body image issues! I'm not trying to be mean, but come on now. Why are you so obsessed with your measurements?? How about just focusing on health? The only way to alter your genetics is plastic surgery. Get over it and move on. The rest of us are focusing on health and fitness, clearly you should take some notes. And quit posting the same thing to multiple forums. You need to seek some serious mental help. If you don't think so, just reread every comment on every forum you've ever posted on...we can't all be wrong about this.
  • Ideal362433
    Options

edited for clarity

Ok.you seriously have some body image issues! I'm not trying to be mean, but come on now. Why are you so obsessed with your measurements?? How about just focusing on health? The only way to alter your genetics is plastic surgery. Get over it and move on. The rest of us are focusing on health and fitness, clearly you should take some notes. And quit posting the same thing to multiple forums. You need to seek some serious mental help. If you don't think so, just reread every comment on every forum you've ever posted on...we can't all be wrong about this.

I really don't care what you think about my body image I like being curvy.

And I didn't post the same thing you saw 3 different threads one was about body fat percentage the other about my body shape changing and this one is about other hourglass shaped women and what problem spots they have and the like. Like I mainly gain in the bust so was wondering especially outside of the hip region.

Certainly not the same thing.

If you can't contribute to this thread's question then maybe you should make a post about you perceiving me to be obsessed.

Seriously I hardly post either forum and I've been here over a year.
  • snjohnston
    Options

edited for clarity

And I didn't post the same thing you saw 3 different threads one was about body fat percentage the other about my body shape changing and this one is about other hourglass shaped women and what problem spots they have and the like. Like I mainly gain in the bust so was wondering especially outside of the hip region.

If you can't contribute to this thread's question then maybe you should make a post about you perceiving me to be obsessed.

I said nothing about how curvy you are or aren't. I'm 34 and have been an hourglass since I was 12. I'm currently 36-30-38, so don't go saying I have an issue with your body!! YOU seem to have an issue with the way you are shaped or you wouldn't be so obsessed with your measurements and what others think about it. I'm damn proud of mine no matter what my weight, yet I'm not the one posting to multiple sites, asking the same question. Like I said before, put your focus on how HEALTHY and FIT you can be. Btw, a bmi of 18.6 is only one-tenth away from unhealthy. You're still young and growing into your adult body and decided composition. Don't go messing with fate.
  • Ideal362433
    Options

edited for clarity

I said nothing about how curvy you are or aren't. I'm 34 and have been an hourglass since I was 12. I'm currently 36-30-38, so don't go saying I have an issue with your body!! YOU seem to have an issue with the way you are shaped or you wouldn't be so obsessed with your measurements and what others think about it. I'm damn proud of mine no matter what my weight, yet I'm not the one posting to multiple sites, asking the same question. Like I said before, put your focus on how HEALTHY and FIT you can be. Btw, a bmi of 18.6 is only one-tenth away from unhealthy. You're still young and growing into your adult body and decided composition. Don't go messing with fate.

Lol if you're hourglass I must be already shaped like an extreme hourglass... Because your measurements sound like a banana.

And I already pointed out I have not asked the same question at all. You do have an issue you want to be something that you are not. You're a banana by your measurements love it and flaunt it. You are trying to compare yourself to me so obviously something's not right.

And have you not heard how I actually got my waistline down? Or are you just going to make assumptions and hate?

I got my waist down by changing my diet. I noticed a change when I stopped going to McDonald's stopped eating prepackaged food drinking soda and going back to how I are originally from scratch basically. Just eating healthier really trimmer my waist down.

But I've always been proud of my big boobs and big butt all while being under 105 lbs. I know I'm hourglass it's just down at the bottom it would be nice to be a full hourglass rather than a neat hourglass.

Instead of attacking you could have just asked what I do to stay healthy.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    JFC. So many LOL's.
  • snjohnston
    Options

edited for clarity

Lol if you're hourglass I must be already shaped like an extreme hourglass... Because your measurements sound like a banana.

And I already pointed out I have not asked the same question at all. You do have an issue you want to be something that you are not. You're a banana by your measurements love it and flaunt it. You are trying to compare yourself to me so obviously something's not right.

And have you not heard how I actually got my waistline down? Or are you just going to make assumptions and hate?

I got my waist down by changing my diet. I noticed a change when I stopped going to McDonald's stopped eating prepackaged food drinking soda and going back to how I are originally from scratch basically. Just eating healthier really trimmer my waist down.

But I've always been proud of my big boobs and big butt all while being under 105 lbs. I know I'm hourglass it's just down at the bottom it would be nice to be a full hourglass rather than a neat hourglass.

Whoa...I honestly don't care what you do! I've had 2 babies in 3 years, the youngest being 7 months old so you can take your negativity elsewhere! I've lost 50 lbs in 7 months and am focusing on being the healthiest, fittest mom and role model to my little girls. I eat clean and healthy, and exercise 5-7 days a week WITH 2 little ones.

I've read your posts on bb.com, and yes, you have issues with your own body image....ever heard of body distortion/dysmorphic disorder?? That's what I've been trying to explain to you... I'm in no way jealous of your measurements, or that fact that your "measurements" sound unhealthy. I'm 5'3.5" and would have to weight 107 to have the same bmi as you...not healthy at all. I'm not going for the anoexic/bulimic look.

And for the record, I am a TRUE hourglass shape with 36DD bust! So stop thinking I'm jealous of you...so far from the truth!
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Still you're likely not an hourglass. Your hips are only 8 inches different... I still have more boobs than you proportionally and hips proportionally and that's a very sad thing when I have more hips than someone because mine are small as heck. And if I were 5'3" that wouldn't be healthy for me to be 120 and over. I guess I just have a smaller frame or maybe you're just in denial. And no I don't have body image issues. In no way did I imply that either. I just asked on advice on how to look better. And also if you didn't care what I did you wouldn't be accusing me of being unhealthy when it's likely I eat more healthily than you do.

It's healthier to have a whr of .7 of which I have 30-38 waist to hip is not healthy.

Here's a calculator.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/waist-to-hip-ratio-calculator/

edited for clarity

Whoa...I honestly don't care what you do! I've had 2 babies in 3 years, the youngest being 7 months old so you can take your negativity elsewhere! I've lost 50 lbs in 7 months and am focusing on being the healthiest, fittest mom and role model to my little girls. I eat clean and healthy, and exercise 5-7 days a week WITH 2 little ones.

I've read your posts on bb.com, and yes, you have issues with your own body image....ever heard of body distortion/dysmorphic disorder?? That's what I've been trying to explain to you... I'm in no way jealous of your measurements, or that fact that your "measurements" sound unhealthy. I'm 5'3.5" and would have to weight 107 to have the same bmi as you...not healthy at all. I'm not going for the anoexic/bulimic look.

And for the record, I am a TRUE hourglass shape with 36DD bust! So stop thinking I'm jealous of you...so far from the truth!
  • snjohnston
    Options
    You are very disrespectful!! These forums are meant to inspire and assist in healthy lifestyles. I'm a work in progress, and like I said I JUST HAD A BABY 7 MONTHS AGO! After you've had babies, then you can come back and add your 2 cents. You have no right to negatively attack my body. And you don't think I'm a true hourglass?? Google it! I only posted on here because I felt you were working towards very unhealthy goals. I was trying to help, but you've made it very clear that you're only fishing for compliments and thinking everyone is jealous of your measurements. Sorry, but I'm not a pawn in your sick mind games.
  • snjohnston
    Options
    Ladies: Although BMI is not intended to measure an individual's overall health, please at least use it as a baseline and try to achieve and maintain good health, not just a tiny number on the scale.

Although there are some people who are healthy a little above or below a "normal" range, tmaking your long-term goal to be solidly in the "underweight" category is not healthy mentally or physically.

If you didn't know this, please educate yourself and make a good decision on how to view and treat your body.

If you did know this already, or already underweight and want to lose more, please seek help.

^^^THIS^^^
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    You are very disrespectful!! These forums are meant to inspire and assist in healthy lifestyles. I'm a work in progress, and like I said I JUST HAD A BABY 7 MONTHS AGO! After you've had babies, then you can come back and add your 2 cents. You have no right to negatively attack my body. And you don't think I'm a true hourglass?? Google it! I only posted on here because I felt you were working towards very unhealthy goals. I was trying to help, but you've made it very clear that you're only fishing for compliments and thinking everyone is jealous of your measurements. Sorry, but I'm not a pawn in your sick mind games.

I never attacked you lol... I told you exactly what you told me. You said I was unhealthy.... I explained that I was not. And shared that i was within healthy range for all stats. And also shared healthy tips on diets.

I also shared that an hourglass's measurements would have a lower whr. And whatever the reason is doesn't change what is now. My whr was not always this low but now that it is it makes me an hourglass. It doesn't matter what you were it's what you are.

Focus on health as that is what this forum is for to begin with.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    h4543C43B
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!