Do you save your calories??

Options
Do you ever save your calories up all day by eating little to nothing so you can enjoy a big meal, or a calorically dense food at night or in the evening? If so, what is an example of something you've saved up for? How did you do it?

Replies

• tesstcool
    tesstcool Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I save up for ice cream sometimes or candy bars, the good stuff haha. I do it by planning my diary ahead of time making sure i have enough calories at the end of the night for something higher calorie.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If I want a treat like ice cream, I put a quick add in early in the day, so that I can plan my calories around it. If evening comes and I'm hungry and want the calories for something more filling, I'll remove it and not have the ice cream. If it fits, I'll have it.

If it's something bigger like a rich meal out, I will eat about 150cal below my goal for a few days to bank some calories for going out for dinner without having to give up breakfast on that day.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yup. I always leave calories at the end of the day for my dessert. I do it by planning my meals first around protein then fruit/veg and then only having carbs if I have room. I'd rather have those delicious things as my dessert! For me, it's not been bad. But I imagine if you had a really low calorie goal it would be much more difficult.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yep. Beer. Ate less.
  • reneb28
    reneb28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat lite if I know I am going to a party or bbq or even if I know we will be eating beef or something higher in calories that night. Last night, I worked out a little harder because i really wanted a drumstick for dessert and those suckers are 290 calories! It was worth it!
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I always plan my next days meal the night prior.. if I'm feeling a little fiendish I eat small snacks throughout the day to indulge in a really nice dinner or after dinner snack. I do this about twice a month and it's very enjoyable for me personally.
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    I try my best to leave at least 300 calories per day for ice cream, snickers or delicious salty carbtastic unhealthy foods. It may not be the healthiest but I lost almost 20lbs and have surpassed my goal weight! I couldn't have succeeded if I had deprived myself
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. I prefer a 1200 calorie dinner every night right before bed. so I guess I do every day
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Little or nothing? I tried that once before a restaurant meal early on after starting at MFP and t was a bad idea for me. I had little will power for stuff that I would not normally eat like bread at the table and these truffle fries my friend wanted to share. Don't recall what I ate other than that.

A little extra room by eating light during the rest of the day for an event or some occasion where I know there will be a dessert I'll want? Sure. All the time.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not too often. Maybe once a month or so.

Last week I was going out to lunch with some family members and I wanted to try a few new things that I knew would take my over my daily allotment. So, I had a super lite breakfast and then a lite supper. It was worth it, lol. :)