30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D10 yesterday and took my measurements this morning and found that I have LOST 21 inches! Now I don't feel to bad about the scale since I gained over night.:smile:
    Fantastic job!!!! Yeah, the scale is my enemy too. The measuring tape is my BFF :laugh:
    Keep it up girl!

Nice! This is what keeps me motivated. Way to rock it!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Whewwww L1D10 done. Didnt do myself any favors by watching L2.It is going to be tough. But we can do it!!! See you gals all tomorrow!!::happy:

Haha- I did the same thing. I'm pretty terrified to try level 2! I'm sure it's going to be just as bad as D1L1 and by D3 we'll be rocking it!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Level 2 kicked my butt last night. Even though I have completed the shred in the past. Jillian always surprises me. My shoulders, arms, back, butt, and legs are screaming today. I love it! My husband even said it appears you are losing inches?!? Really that was a shocker. I noticed my HRM says I burned about 300 or more calories - is this possible in ~20+ minutes? I sure hope it's accurate. I actually wore my HRM while I was running yesterday and it boosted my calories burned by about 30 calories compared to the treadmill. I even subtracted 30 calories from my HRM to record level 2. I will weigh in on Monday but I will be kicking Jillian's butt by the end of the week hopefully (here is to wishful thinking).

Keep on shredding guys! It will pay off.
  • barberella
    Options
    I have done her workout. It's good. It keeps you motivated because she breaks it up, and you do level up. Just remember in the beginning, it will kick your *kitten* because I absolutely hate jumping jacks! But stick with it. I personally got bored after awhile because I don't care for workout DVDs, and I got tired of her *****y, manly voice. But she does keep ya going! So, stay with it..I don't know if I got results because I turned to the Wii after awhile!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L2D2 DONE!

I've done the 30 Day Shred but only made it up to the last day of Level 2(finished level 2 the day before getting surgery- got my tubes tied) This is a great workout! I have to stop a few times to catch my breath.

barberella.
    I always have music blasting during the workout. I cannot stand it when she says, "just a few more!":huh:

Happy shredding!!!
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    L1D8 done. Whew.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ugh!!! I've been so busy today that I haven't had a chance to shred yet today!!!! Today is Day 1 of Level 2!!! Can't believe Level 1 is done!!I hope I have energy tonight to get it done! I don't want to fall behind. :wink:

Congrats to everyone for how far we've all come!!! Hopefully, I'll be checking in tonight.... if Jillian hasn't destroyed me. :happy:
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    I've sort-of fell off with this challenge :( Its 10 days in, and I've only done the DVD 3 times. I finished LV1D3 today. I have been working out on my elliptical in between because the way my house is set up, it is just easier for me to do (the only TV with a DVD player and enough room is in my living room...there are 6 people in my house).

Either way, I plan on getting to a total of 30 days and finishing all the levels, no matter how long it takes :)

Proud of all of you for sticking with it though!! Woo hoo!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for how far we've all come!!! Hopefully, I'll be checking in tonight.... if Jillian hasn't destroyed me.

Same here - I won't be able to do L2D1 until later this evening - we'll see how it goes!
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! I had read a few posts and had fastforwarded to level 2 to see what it was all about... I was super scared!!! How in the world would I do those walking pushups when I couldn't get past the modified ones in level 1??? Guess I never really tried... cause I DID IT!!! All the way... my heart rate was through the roof!!! I don't have a monitor so I sure wish I had SOME clue what I was burning... oh well... this thing is definately working... what ever will I do after the 30 days??? I just love the intensity of such a short workout... no excuses!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    Options
    Feel great so far! Finished L2D1 today. It scared me but I was surprised how many of the moves I could do. I did most of them modified because I was busy trying to make sure I was doing them right. I did have an issue with my floor being to slippery- I almost died the first plank jack I tried!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L2D1 complete. My A## has been thoroughly kicked!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    First day of lvl 2 done! I almost forgot how challenging it was the first few days in level 1 and today I was reminded by lvl 2! lol The ladies make the walking push ups look so easy! I really like the cardio in this level and am very excited to feel sore muscles again. I really can't believe I wrote that! But you know what I mean :) I realize now that the last couple days of level one my muscles were getting a bit to comfortable :)
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Just finished L2D1 and OMG...it kicked my butt and I LOVED IT!! Lol
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 is complete!!! :bigsmile: I almost didn't get to do it! My DVD went missing. I have the video saved on my computer, too, but, for some weird reason, my computer wasn't playing it!!!! I was freaking out! I was going to go out and buy it all over again, but then I finally found the DVD in one of my kid's hiding places after searching everywhere. I was anxious all day thinking I wasn't going to get it done. I think I'm addicted! I actually was cranky b/c I hadn't shredded yet! :laugh:

My heart rate was definitely up there (reached a max of 172)! I liked the cardio in this level better than the cardio in Level 1, I have to say. My least favorite moves were 1) the second ab routine (double crunch?) and 2) the squat with the v-press--that one hurt my neck during the second set.

All in all, I love it!! Let's keep it up!! I'm so proud of all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am exhausted!! This workout seemed shorter, and I think all the planks are going to kill me. Had to stop once during the last set of V presses. Loved the ab stuff. Nice to be doing something different. Great job everyone for sticking with it. We are 1/3 of the way through it!:drinker:
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    The Level 2 Circuit 1 abs and Circuit 3 strength were rough - hopefully not after a few more days, though!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    LOL I can barely breathe today....soooooo sore. My back, thighs, and upper abs....omg. I know its a good sore, anybody else sharing in my misery this morning?:cry: I will be better by tonight, I hope!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    LOL I can barely breathe today....soooooo sore. My back, thighs, and upper abs....omg. I know its a good sore, anybody else sharing in my misery this morning?:cry: I will be better by tonight, I hope!

Oh, yes! The soreness is back! My abs, back, and shoulders hurt the worst. During Level 1, my quads and biceps were the worst. If level 1 taught me anything it was to push through the soreness and get to Day 4... then all will feel better. :laugh:

Can't wait to get today's workout in!

So glad not to be going through this alone! :smile:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Wish I'd know this group was here earlier!!! I started this DVD on monday (Jan. 17) I'm on Day 5, but have only done 3 workouts. Just got past the soreness. I really like this DVD :) I like her getting-to-the-point way of exercising!