hello, new here

Options
Hi, I just joined and am looking for other breastfeeding moms that are trying to loose the baby weight. I thought one of the best perks of breastfeeding (at least the one that sold me on it, as told to me by my dr) is that it helps burn those calories and melt off the baby fat. Am I the only one that it didn't work for?

Replies

• mdaniella
    mdaniella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ME!! I'm breastfeeding but the weight toally didn't melt off so i'm working my butt off to get it off!! GOOD LUCK!
  • findingmyself
    Options
    HI! I'm with ya... trying to balance the right amount of calories to breastfeed and still lose weight is one of my stumbling blocks. THis site has been awesome though to help me keep track of my intake. I'm eating much much better thatn I ever have, but have only been on my "life chenge" (instead of diet :)) for the last week. Hopefully I can keep it up. I started a blog about it this last week also to get accountability from paeople who follow it. We shall see! Oh- I'm Heather by the way :)
  • fitmom4ever
    Options
    Is there any way to track calories burned nursing? The best information I could find online was about 20 calories per ounce, but since I don't exclusively pump I've just been guestimating how much she's eating.Is there a better way to figure it out?
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I once heard/read I can't remember where, that lactating means you need an extra 500 calories a day in your diet, so maybe if you don't eat more, you burn 500 calories??? I don't really know for sure. Oh bother, this probably wasn't any help at all! :sad:
  • fitmom4ever
    Options
    Actually, that sounds about right, at least that's the average that I've been coming up with trying to guess at it. Thanks for the confirmation, it really was helpful!