Interesting Body Fat Percentage Pictures

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Actually calling a body type gross is body shaming, even saying it's gross to me...why not say it's not appealing or not my thing...it's funny it's okay to say that's gross but don't you dare say a 300lb woman is gross...all hell breaks loose then.

Stating it in a different way doesn't diminish the fact that you're still shaming.

Sure it does...saying someone is gross vs not my type is very different.

Gross is disgusting and icky..not my cup of tea or not my type means just that not my type no negative inference there.

Voice opinions, but it is possible to voice opinions without using negative words to do so.

But don't defend calling people gross or disgusting because of what they look like...as "catty"...
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i look like 35-40% but measurement wise im around 50%... oh lord!! i would love that 30% though
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lawl:
    Body Fat Percentage Men 20%

Separation between muscles starts to blur, almost no vascularity, or striations can be seen, typically there is a small stomach pouch of fat, the look is “soft” but not very round. Most guys I come across in NYC are within the 20-25% body fat range. Other parts of the country, or world, that range may be skewed higher or lower. A 5’11”man who weighs 180lb and has 145lb of lean body mass (the average) will have 20% body fat.
    Body Fat Percentage Men 25%

There is little to no separation of muscles, no vascularity, or muscle striations, waist begins to increase quite substantially with a waist to hip ratio as high as 0.9 (waist circumference/hip circumference). So a 5’10” man may have a 36+ inch waist. This man may have a little neck fat, but may not look like he has 25% body fat in normal clothing. Over 25% body fat for a man is considered obese, and over a 40 inch waist is considered abdominal obesity.

I have waist of 37 inch. I have bf% of 20%
    But i don't look near any of these 2

My belly looks more like in the 35-40% range
    It's the last place for me where fat needs to come off (oh and the moobs ofc)
    But my arms and legs look so much better. Just the belly... always that damn belly

chance are you are much more than 20% bf% then and it was a bad reading or miscalculated!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Actually calling a body type gross is body shaming, even saying it's gross to me...why not say it's not appealing or not my thing...it's funny it's okay to say that's gross but don't you dare say a 300lb woman is gross...all hell breaks loose then.

Stating it in a different way doesn't diminish the fact that you're still shaming.

So you would marry a guy a foot shorter than you.

ETA: to answer your question no, I wouldn't and yes I just apparently shamed short people.

Ok. That all I wanted to know since me saying I am attracted to blank means I am shaming others.
  • bonbons324
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I was just saying how I am never satisfied with my appearance but this sort of puts it in perspective. Personally I fit in the 25% and though I would love to be lower I have an idea of my outward appearance. I still feel like I'm the 50% group though. :/
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It's been seen and shared numerous times on here before, and threads that have that picture in it often include body shaming. Hence, why no one is probably commenting.

Haha it was the very next post!
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's been seen and shared numerous times on here before, and threads that have that picture in it often include body shaming. Hence, why no one is probably commenting.

It's funny how back when I was growing up "body shaming" was called just being catty. It's also funny how people come up with new "buzzwords" and they take off like wild fire.

So basically no one can say that they like/don't like a certain type of person. If I say they 4% BF guy isn't my thing then I have shamed him. If I say I think the 20% BF guy is more my type I've shamed the others. If I say I don't like the women in the 30+ BF percentage then I am fat shaming.

Seems like no one can voice an opinion of what is attractive to/what they like in a physique without being told they are body or fat shaming.

Reported! ;p
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

It's funny how back when I was growing up "body shaming" was called just being catty. It's also funny how people come up with new "buzzwords" and they take off like wild fire.

So basically no one can say that they like/don't like a certain type of person. If I say they 4% BF guy isn't my thing then I have shamed him. If I say I think the 20% BF guy is more my type I've shamed the others. If I say I don't like the women in the 30+ BF percentage then I am fat shaming.

Seems like no one can voice an opinion of what is attractive to/what they like in a physique without being told they are body or fat shaming.

Reported! ;p

Wow.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Saying you don't find a certain body type attractive or that it isn't your "thing," isn't the same as body/fat shaming.
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Under 10% for a guy looks gross to me. I would take 15% in a heartbeat.

What is the best way to calculate the BF %?

A DEXA Scan is the best way. Those are expensive though. A 7 point skin fold caliper test can usually give you a decent range; those can vary wildly depending on who's taking the reading, however.

bod pod
    ^^^Yep
    I had a bod pod reading last week..the online measurement calculators put me at 24%...Bod Pod reading was 16.5%
  • notamoment
    Options

Reported! ;p

Wow.

JOKING!! JUST KIDDING!! Hence the smiley face

;p <~~~~~~~~~.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the guy with 15 %. Less does not look so good anymore.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind looking like the 20% or 25% ladies. However, I doubt I will ever get my stomach looking like that.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Reported! ;p

Wow.

;p <~~~~~~~~~.

:laugh:

Sometimes people do report posts and put a little smiley face. I couldn't tell if it was snark or not. :flowerforyou:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    In for the shaming.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

chance are you are much more than 20% bf% then and it was a bad reading or miscalculated!

Euhm, had it measured in olympic centre with the right equipment. This was about month ago

What equipment was that? Most have measurement errors and can be affected by hydration level, food in the system, air in your lungs. The method I would give the most credence to would be hydrostatic weighing repeated twice in a row with almost identical results, and then can be affected by what food/waste is in your system and how hydrated you are.
  • notamoment
    Options

Reported! ;p

Wow.

;p <~~~~~~~~~.

:laugh:

Sometimes people do report posts and put a little smiley face. I couldn't tell if it was snark or not. :flowerforyou:

I promise i am not one of them :flowerforyou:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The problem with these pics is that you may look completely different than the pics at the same body fat %. It will depend on where you tend to carry fat (Genetics), amount of lean muscle you have (diet and exercise routine).

Yes, this. I'm at 28% body fat right now so I should be somewhere between the 25% and 30% picture. However, I carry my fat in my midsection so there's not nearly as much curviness going on with me (at least not in the right direction.) So the pictures are interesting but not really helpful for many people.