What do you hate most about being overweight?

Options

Replies

• jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I also hate the looks I get when I go to a zumba class or when I go running outside. As if an obese person could not possibly perform these cardio exercises. I have to coach myself into not caring what others think of me and just doing what I need to do to get healthy.

^ This!!!

There are lots of things for me like: how I think people see me (huge)
    clothes shopping
    having my picture taken
    I could go on...
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Of course, I hate looking in the mirror, I hate the way my clothes fit and I hate the way I feel. I hate having a baby and not being in most of the pictures with him because of the way I look.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Not being able to shop til I drop. These days I drop before I can shop because it takes so much effort just to get to the shopping place! Nobody's fault but mine, but it is really hard to lose; especially when you are old like me!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    how I was treated like a disgusting monster

and now im treated like I actually exist and matter

that **** really really pisses me off
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Not overweight anymore. .......Lost about 50 lbs, YAY ME!

But when I was..... Not feeling comfortable or happy with myself. Feeling like nothing I wore looked good, having a hard time finding clothes that fit properly.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't like how strangers will treat you differently.

Clothes shopping

And not so much now, but when I was heavier, I hated being the slow one. That walking up a hill was difficult.
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options
    I miss feeling beautiful.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    The way the only thing that stands out to me in pictures is my double chin,

The pain when I excercise and having to pep talk myself into excercising harder or to keep going

Being relatively healthy but not looking like it (no high blood pressure, no diabetes, healthy levels of everything, etc)

The risk of not being healthy anymore- at anytime

The way my thighs rub together in anything besides pants

The fires that almost start when I used to try to wear pantyhose

Could go on but these things are only temporary and wont be true for long!!
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm only 30 and my knees hurt

Sitting down, belly hanging over my pants-- Makes me feel so self conscious

Just had to order a larger size uniform pant for work, so humiliating

After eating, I feel so bloated, especially in my face

Not feeling confident during sex with my bf, 15 pounds ago i felt great. Now i'm worried he's noticing the gain.

None of my shorts or bathing suits from last year fit, makes it so hard to find something to wear.

Feeling self conscious in my one peice bathing suit... I'm a bikini girl!

Walking up a flight of steps is pure, utter misery!

Don't want to wear my hair up, someone will notice all my chins!
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Mirrors and pictures - I don't even recognize that woman. Feeling uncomfortable in my own body. The rolls, dimples and jiggles that just don't belong. Being ashamed to be seen in public, feeling like I have to apologize to the cashier for any "junk" in my cart ), feeling judged every time I drive through a fast food place. Not being able to wear 90% of the clothes in my closet.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight, I felt "passed over". As if I didn't exist. Small things really got to me. For instance, on my wife's facebook page, she didn't have one picture of me posted. She had pics of cousins living in Ireland or our daughter or even our dog. I knew she loved me, but I got the impression she was embarrassed of me.

That was 2.5 years ago. I've transformed since Life is 180 degree different. Now the wife plasters her facebook with my pics

But it still pisses me off. I'm still the same person inside.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    insecurity, taking shirt off without feeling like a whale when I swim.
  • smallersandy
    smallersandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hate feeling like the biggest person in the room...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight, I felt "passed over". As if I didn't exist. Small things really got to me. For instance, on my wife's facebook page, she didn't have one picture of me posted. She had pics of cousins living in Ireland or our daughter or even our dog. I knew she loved me, but I got the impression she was embarrassed of me.

That was 2.5 years ago. I've transformed since Life is 180 degree different. Now the wife plasters her facebook with my pics

But it still pisses me off. I'm still the same person inside.

That is horrible. :(
  • Wibble_Wobble
    Options
    Jeans are a nightmare to get a good fit
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Back fat and muffin top!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    For me its asthma and feeling tired when I walk - not like that at the moment so very happy :-)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    being morbidly obese it was clothes shopping and wearing frumpy things because I felt frumpy so may as well look it. But now with being just overweight it's the left over flab. I don't have to have a flat tummy just a flatter one and I want to get rid of these bat wings, oh and shorts I want to wear and look decent in shorts. It's def. the flab.
  • SLSFatLoss
    Options
    What I hate the most of all is not being able to fit in my size 32 jeans anymore. I was able to wear straight slim, and slowly moved up to loose then I had to wear size 40's. All of this happened to me because I simply was saddened by life in general. I lost and managed to stay around 216 (my regular weight is 175 @ 18-20 percent bodyfat). I just really miss feeling comfy in jeans and especially my shoes, they got tighter and I never really noticed that.
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Questioning whatever I want to do - wondering if I am too big for whatever - like riding in the kid train with my grandson. Or feeling embarrassed because I take up so much room I always bump the person next to me.