Fat and Disgusting

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    pray for her to realize how cruel she really is. seems to me she has some issues she needs to deal with!

congrats on your weight loss

^^ THIS!!! Only folks with their own insecurities and issues would make a comment like she made to you. She has bigger problems and attempts to cover them up by trying to make others feel small. Don't let her negative comments rent any more space in your head. Move on knowing that you're the better, healthier person...because you absolutely are :) And keep up the great work!!!

^^Absolutely.

Doesn't really matter what the background argument was, there is no excuse for her comment.

Be thankful that she has shown her true colors and keep this "friend" at a distance from now on. She obviously does not have your best interests at heart. People who treat others this way are typically unhappy in their own lives and thrive on throwing some of their misery at others. Sad really.
    That's exactly what I told my son when he asked me why she was so mean. I told him that some people are just really unhappy and they take it out on other people. He then told me I'm not disgusting. Sweet little booger.

Oh she even said this in front of your child (missed that part, sorry)? Well she's a gem, isn't she? :noway:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd probably cut off contact with her for the future.

And also sit down with your children and talk about the power of insults and emphasize how important it is to be able to ignore such comments and realize that they are only a reflection on the person who says them and not on you or them. Tell them that being thin is not as important as being nice, caring and respectful to others and that that is what makes you a good person and not your weight. And *maybe* also address that you are aware that you are overweight and that this isn't the most healthy way to be and that you are actively trying to change that so that you can be a healthy mother for them.
    My kids and I have talks like this all the time. We have a pretty diversified group of friends, so they are aware of all kinds of differences (weight, race, sexual orientation, disabilities/abilities) and how those are not the things you "judge" a person on. They know that I am on a weight loss/get healthy mission and they roll their eyes at me when I tell them we're taking a walk after dinner...LOL.

Sounds like you are doing awesome then. :drinker:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    All of this because of a fiver? Ain't nobody got time for that....................
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Cut contact with such a vicious person.

+1
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I would not respond to her. She would no longer be an issue in my life, at all. My biggest priority would be to talk to my children about what had happened and make sure they understood the situation. Teachable moments are all around us with our children. Sometimes a lesson like that is an opportunity to teach about learning to deal with disagreements in a civil way and how to treat others.
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    do not acknowledge her existence again

Assuming making this person 'disappear' isn't an option. THIS.
  • Snail_Whale
    Snail_Whale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "Well **** you, too."

Seriously, cut her out of your life and move on.
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options

And also sit down with your children and talk about the power of insults and emphasize how important it is to be able to ignore such comments and realize that they are only a reflection on the person who says them and not on you or them. Tell them that being thin is not as important as being nice, caring and respectful to others and that that is what makes you a good person and not your weight. And *maybe* also address that you are aware that you are overweight and that this isn't the most healthy way to be and that you are actively trying to change that so that you can be a healthy mother for them.
    My kids and I have talks like this all the time. We have a pretty diversified group of friends, so they are aware of all kinds of differences (weight, race, sexual orientation, disabilities/abilities) and how those are not the things you "judge" a person on. They know that I am on a weight loss/get healthy mission and they roll their eyes at me when I tell them we're taking a walk after dinner...LOL.

Sounds like you are doing awesome then. :drinker:

For real.

Person is probably unhappy with themselves and are jealous that you have the courage to do this! Ignore them. Cut them out. You don't need negativity.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

And also site down with your children and talk about the power of insults and emphasize how important it is to be able to ignore such comments and realize that they are only a reflection on the person who says them and not on you or them. Tell them that being thin is not as important as being nice, caring and respectful to others and that that is what makes you a good person and not your weight. And *maybe* also address that you are aware that you are overweight and that this isn't the most healthy way to be and that you are actively trying to change that so that you can be a healthy mother for them.

I don't know you but I think I love you for the above comment alone. Let's be friends? :flowerforyou:
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure i'd get a strike if i said what i would do in this situation
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Someone who speaks so negatively about you especially in front of your children, is a pitiful human being. At least talk behind your back...

you are not disgusting, you are beautiful. Don't even respond. She/he is probably just so miserable with their personal life that they feel the need to put you down because it's easier
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Because it was an easy way for them to end the argument and feel the satisfaction of "winning".

I notice when people stoop to the level of insulting easy things like weight, race, gender, disability etc....it usually means they feel like they are losing an argument and they are hateful enough to pull that card. The fact that they did it in front of kids just makes it 10x more douchetastic.
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    Fat and disgusting? That's abusive. Don't even dignify that with a response. Steer clear of negative people like that and continue to be the fabulous that you are!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would eliminate this person from my life permanently without drama or further interaction.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    The best response is no response but a huge smile to show them it didn't effect you. Anyone who says this is a sad person inside and it should make you smile to know how much of a dumbass they just made themselves look like. This is how I play it to my mother in law and it seems to piss her off. I love it. Mean people hate happy people. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My question is what led up to that level of hostility? There is definitely more to the story here...

Otherwise, the response is to successfully lose weight and look smokin' hot in front of her every time the opportunity arises. I find that people like that are often most pissed off by others success and happiness ;)
    She thinks I "scammed" her on a raffle I did over 2 years ago. The issue is, we've seen each other since and she's never mentioned it before. She was mad that I wouldn't give her her $5 back. Other than that, I think she is just mentally unstable.

I would mail her a jar with 5 dollars worth of pennies in it and write "the value of your dignity" on it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I would mail her a jar with 5 dollars worth of pennies in it and write "the value of your dignity" on it.

:laugh:
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My question is what led up to that level of hostility? There is definitely more to the story here...

Otherwise, the response is to successfully lose weight and look smokin' hot in front of her every time the opportunity arises. I find that people like that are often most pissed off by others success and happiness ;)
    She thinks I "scammed" her on a raffle I did over 2 years ago. The issue is, we've seen each other since and she's never mentioned it before. She was mad that I wouldn't give her her $5 back. Other than that, I think she is just mentally unstable.

Bwahahah...that's awesome!
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Absolutely what I would have said. Lol. Seriously that is all she could come up with. That is so like "15"
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This woman did this in front of children??? Over 5 bucks?? Ok well let me tell you you're a hell of a woman cuz I would have knocked her *kitten* out myself!

tumblr_mqxo70rG9O1rc8gqbo1_5001_zpsa9306f8c.gif[/URL]