46/M/Toronto - 419lbs to 169lbs - 250lb loss

Options

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    How amazing is this post?! It's truly been so wonderful getting to know you and being able to see you progress week after week. I can't begin to tell you how much your enthusiasm and participation and your overall attitude has impacted me, our group, and the little "team" or 'community" I was asked to help with that has become such an important part of my life. You've blown me away and I know you'll have continued success with everything you do.

So on behalf of myself and every starfish, sunflower, and every other team we've had, thanks for being you! Thank you for all the kind words, inspiration, motivation, determination, etc. I look forward to the next season and as many more as you wish to return for in the future.

Thanks, Lisa!

That Biggest Loser challenge has been a very motivating aspect of my last year. Kept me on track many a time I felt like cheating.

"But I WANT TO WIN this BL season!" I'd think.

And thanks to you specifically for your support and your manifest duathlon/triathlon successes. If you can do tris, I can too!

FTW
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and stats - I hope that some of the folks on MFP that are looking for gimmick as a solution read this. You really map out your success well - consistency, logging, working out, support from friends and expert advice.

As a fellow Torontonian I just want to say that you look great!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Frank, you are inspiring and amazing! That took a lot of hard work and dedication. I applaud you!
  • Ftw37
    Options
    ... That took a lot of hard work and dedication. I applaud you!

Heh, I did internalize some Dolvett Quince sayings. Helped me get over a lot of hills. I'd hear him in my head yelling "Hard work! Dedication!" like on the show.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    WOW, just WOW, WOW!!! you look fantastic!!! Good for you for sticking with it and doing it for yourself. I bet you feel great too! Amazing Job!!
  • Ftw37
    Options
    Congrats Frank!! I enjoy seeing you in our BL challenges.

Thanks, Will. The Biggest Loser challenges have helped me a lot. I love the friendly competition!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome. Way to go and congrats. Unbelievable.

^This +1000 :)

Edited to add: I love the phrase on the medallion!
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look so much more content in the second picture, i hope you enjoy your new-found fitness as much as you deserve. Thanks for sharing,:drinker: i have been reading through all the detail of your journey and giving myself a good kick up my fat backside for not always having your determination-Well done you !
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look GREAT!!! I don't know you but I am very proud of you...God Bless!
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation. Congrats!!
  • woohoochk
    woohoochk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • woohoochk
    woohoochk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome ! You look great and I know the group you belong to for weight loss as I hear the commercials all the time... Congrats!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the amazing loss. You are amazing and such an inspiration! :happy:
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    O.M.G. Congratulations!! You must feel amazing!
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Ummmmmmm WOW! You're so modest too! Damn rockstar, congrats on the HUGE loss. Such an inspiration!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look phenomenal!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Ftw37
    Options
    Great job!

Love your username!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I never thought I’d be posting in the Success Stories forum. So here goes:

comparison_august_2014_550pixels.png
    Left: June 23, 2013 at 419 pounds --- Right: August 10, 2014 at 169 pounds

I lost my weight by recording my food intake, weighing and measuring my food, and by gradually adding and increasing exercise. I belong to a men-only weight loss group here in Toronto called Harvey Brooker’s Weight Loss for Men. I am a very satisfied client.

I also attribute a lot of my success to my amazing MFP friends. I especially attribute the impetus from belonging to the “Biggest Loser Challenge” here on MFP. All the cool people are doing it.

You can check out my spreadsheet showing various stats along the way. I only started calculating my body fat percentage after a few weeks. I wish I had started at the beginning.

I wouldn’t have been able to keep going if it wasn’t for MFP. I have used the iPhone app more than any other app I’ve ever used. Logging and recording have become a way of life.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Frank Williams

Some stats:
    419lbs to 169lbs: 250lb loss
    56 inch waist to 32 inch waist
    Sleep apnea: gone
    Blood cholesterol levels: normal
    BMI: normal
    Blood pressure: still a bit high--but falling
    Finished C25K
    Regularly run 5km and more
    Daily walk 10km and more
    Regularly cycle 20-40km at one go

My MFP page:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/ftw37/status

My first post on MFP: “Insurmountable Odds”
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1039534-insurmountable-odds

Weight Loss Spreadsheet (graphs, numbers):
    http://bit.ly/1mLRZvd

Biggest Loser Challenge Group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9328-biggest-loser-competition-season-11

Ya know what?!? You are a first class winner and all time champion, period. Your attitude, wow--just tremendous, so IMB (I mean business) and what's sooooooo impressive to me, even more than the way you look (which is nothing less than tremendous), is the way you now feel--amazing work you've accomplished inside and out. :drinker:

You ROCK sir, period. WOOT!!!! :drinker: :love: :drinker:

P.S. W:drinker:W and I also appreciate so much that your food diary is opened too!
  • Rasd
    Rasd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! you look great! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!