Carnival Cruises

Options
2»

Replies

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    oh and OP, stay away from elevator areas, they are always noisy.

If you don't mind, check at the front desk on the day of boarding and ask if any wheelchair accessible rooms are left.

You can get a free "upgrade". They are always next to elevator areas and bigger.

ETA: don't be one of those people who bring their own water bottles, the filtering system on the ships is super complex as it is for people to just say is tap water.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Cozumel has amazing snorkeling!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We spent our day in Cozumel at Nachi Cocom. It was Paradise!! All the drinks you want as well as a huge lunch, get waited on while relaxing by their pool or their private beach. Our waiter was even bringing drinks out to us in the ocean. Can't wait to go back!!!
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will be going to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman in December. Hubby and I aren't doing an excursion for Cozumel. Instead we are doing an all inclusive beach day at Mr. Sanchos with our friends (people we previously cruised with to Alaska). For Belize, we haven't picked anything with the boat again. We aren't really into the mayan ruins or zipline/cave tubing so we will be picking something up off the docks there (probably a boat transfer to one of the Cayes to hang out for the day). For Mahogany Bay we decided to try beginners scuba, since we have never done it before and they say Mahogany Bay has some of the best scuba around. Last, but not least, we chose a combo excursion, in Grand Cayman, to swim with dolphins then get boated over to Stingrey City and swim with them. We have never done swimming with dolphins or stingreys before so we look forward to this! Hope you figure out what you would like to do. My suggestion is go with what you think will be fun. Everyone has different experiences while on excursion/cruises and it is really what you make of it.
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it unless you get a room with at least ocean view. Interior rooms suck.
    i've stayed more in rooms with balconies than without, and really the time spent in the room isn't enough to justify the extra cost of the room.

I never book rooms with views! I always go for the cheapest room on the ship! We are never in it except to sleep. This will be our first Caribbean cruise, so we did pay to be up a couple decks and in the middle of the ship so we could be closer to the pool deck!
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be a **** show... lots of people eating, constantly. Seriously they wouldn't need engines if they could harness the power of chewing. And then when the sewer backs up, your in for a trip.

Although, I actually had a good time on one a few years back, so smile and have fun! it is what you make of it!
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it unless you get a room with at least ocean view. Interior rooms suck.

*shrug* I never stayed in my room, so I would rather save money on my room and spend it on booze/trip.
    Exactly, I've had interior rooms, suites and balcony... and other than the perks you get from staying in a suite - I would rather spend my $ elsewhere. I would literally crash when I finally made it to my room and, showered up and out early.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I disagree with those who say not to get an interior cabin. My husband had gotten an interior cabin years ago (before me) when he was on a cruise and will never, EVER go that route again. He said they were small and it was dark and depressing. On the off chance that we cruise we always get an outside cabin and try to get one with some sort of a balcony. But then again we always meet people and have drinks in our room and on our balcony and such.

Also do NOT go to the ship doctor unless you absolutely need it, like you're dying and need to be airlifted some where. We were on a cruise and made some friends on it and the wife of one couple had a headache or a belly ache, I can't remember which. Long story short she went to the ship doctor and unbeknownst to her because of that she was on a 24 hour quarantine and couldn't go on shore.
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So are we going to organize a MFP cruise?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I disagree with those who say not to get an interior cabin. My husband had gotten an interior cabin years ago (before me) when he was on a cruise and will never, EVER go that route again. He said they were small and it was dark and depressing. On the off chance that we cruise we always get an outside cabin and try to get one with some sort of a balcony. But then again we always meet people and have drinks in our room and on our balcony and such.

I'll keep my interior and mooch off of your balcony cabin. :laugh: