What did you eat today?

Options
Hi everyone. I am new here and eager to find new things to eat! So, would you like to share your daily menu?

For example today I had:

Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: Toast
Dinner: Spaghetti with homemade tofu sauce and garden peas
Snacks: Grapes

I know it's not perfect, especially the lack of protein in my diet. I am vegetarian and very picky so I am finding it hard to meet my protein goals, but I am hoping that with myfitnesspall's help it will get better!

YOUR TURN :))

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    That's not a menu :)

You ate one meal
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had pancakes and Greek yogurt for breakfast and a protein bar for lunch. I'm thinking about having pancakes again for dinner, but I'm on cold medicine and my appetite can't be trusted. I think my diary is open if you're looking for ideas. I'll just explain that it's currently set for 2200 calories, which is my maintenance level. But I'm aiming for 1700-1800 calories to lose weight for a little while.
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Let me see,

Breakfast: Freshly squeezed orange juice and supplements

Lunch: Raw brussels sprouts and apple with a maple syrup, raw mustard and olive oil dressing

Snack: Vegan protein shake with peanut butter and chocolate almond milk

Dinner: Split Pea Soup and brown rice crackers

By the way, since you're a vegetarian, may I friend you?
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It actually came to 1009 calories and I will have an evening snack to reach the calories my fitness pal set me. Plus I am only 5'3 and had my BMR measured - 883 !! I guess I am just one unlucky person who can't eat 2000 calories a day without gaining :)

diannethegeek, thanks I will def. have a look :)
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-Coffee and cottage cheese with pineapple

Lunch-Stouffers Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed potatoes

Snacks-Brownie Quest Bar, Wild Berry Power Crunch Bar, Vanilla Greek Yogurt

Dinner-Chic Fil A, Asian Salad with Honey Mustard dressing

Chocolate Muscle Milk shake (after my evening run)

1450 calories, 5'1
  • 12whilson
    Options
    I are chicken legs and corn for breakfast.

Lunch toast and southwest egg beaters

I'll be having chicken breast and broccoli for supper

And for snacks. Chocolate milk so far
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It actually came to 1009 calories and I will have an evening snack to reach the calories my fitness pal set me. Plus I am only 5'3 and had my BMR measured - 883 !! I guess I am just one unlucky person who can't eat 2000 calories a day without gaining :)

diannethegeek, thanks I will def. have a look :)

lol.

Your BMR is: 1334
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wish, but it is not.

According to websites it might be. According to real measurements - it is 883 :(

Thanks everyone for posting :)
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: two cups of coffee with 2% milk, and a protein coffee before my first workout
    Lunch: slice of pepperoni pizza (minus the crust) and a glass of Coke Zero
    Dinner: grilled chicken salad, and a serving of mixed veggies and corn
    Snacks: Nature Valley protein bar, handful of peanut M&Ms
    And water, water, water

About 1350 calories... may increase if I want another snack after kickboxing tonight.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I wish, but it is not.

According to websites it might be. According to real measurements - it is 883 :(

Thanks everyone for posting :)

You have the BMR of a 2 foot 7 inch 21 year old female weighing 132 pounds.

I bet
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious; how did you get it measured? Being small can be a nightmare that way... people don't quite realise how much of an effect 'normal' portion sizes seem.

I agree that your nutrition could be better though... I see two, possibly three fruit/veg servings and very little protein.

I like to start the day with yoghurt and fruit... two portions of frozen fruit (160g total) and I take soya yoghurt so if you're leaning towards the vegan side you could go with 100g of that, or go with fat-free Greek yoghurt if you want more protein and don't mind cow. (Fat-free because it's better protein content, not for fear of fat. Never be afraid of fat on your food ^_^) It comes in around 150cal depending on what fruit you go with.

Lately I've been halving the portion size of the carb part of the meal and increasing the veg... so, with your spaghetti meal I would halve the spaghetti but pad out the sauce with other veg, such as grated carrot (always good in a tomato sauce) or cubed aubergine. Or both! It's a good way of getting better nutrition while reducing the carb content and calories to a portion size more appropriate for your frame. I mean, that's just what I've found lately, YMMV always. but it's just a thought.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Bagel sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon.
    Lunch: A cup of kale and itialian sausage soup (went out). Side of watermelon.
    Snack: 5 ounces Tillamook vanilla greek yogurt
    Dinner: Haven't had yet, but plan to have a cup of homemade pinto beans with a side of veggie sticks (asparagus, red bell pepper, carrots, celery), and then maybe some cantaloupe for dessert.

If you are looking for a lot of ideas, here are some other active posts out there right now:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1374000-what-do-your-meals-look-like-show-me-pictures
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1334831-what-s-for-supper
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1251741-what-s-for-breakfast
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1356968-what-s-for-dessert-tonight
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    So far I've had a toasted sandwich thin with Nutkao and a sliced banana on top...four cups of coffee (I usually just have 1)...sautéed mushrooms, onions & peppers with melted Swiss and Sriracha. I am taking my mom out to dinner at a restaurant of her choice, so I have no idea what's for dinner but I should have plenty of calories left.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Today so far.....

2 pieces of French Toast made with whole grain bread.
    2 eggs
    6oz of grilled chicken breast
    Some cooked carrots
    a scoop of vanilla ice cream
    a scoop of chocolate ice cream
    whip cream
    chocolate cupcake
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Eggs with spinach, feta cheese and turkey breast, a few small pieces of bacon and 2 slices of whole grain toast with grape jelly & Coffee

Lunch: Salad with black olives, carrots, smoked ham, ranch dressing

Snack: string cheese

Dinner: I'm hoping for yellow curried chicken with steamed rice and pad tai! :bigsmile:

oh lots and lots of water!
  • mojojorox
    mojojorox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cup of coffee with skimmed milk, 2 ham & egg white cupcake things with baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and asparagus
    Lunch: coffee again, 2 slices of ham, cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower and tomato ketchup
    Dinner: Quorn fajitas, I have one wrap and then use the rest of my filling using lettuce as a wrap...tasty and satisfying :P
    Dessert: half an apple turnover, a small peach
    Snacks: an alpen light bar, 2 highlights hot chocolates (with 20 mini marshmallows between them) and a danone shape chocolate mousse...
    All this for 1306 kcal!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I started with a banana and some Reese puffs (dry)
    Then an apple at my coffee break, with coffee and sweetener
    Then a mini meat loaf and broccoli slaw with zesty Italian dressing for lunch
    PB and Chocolate flavoured fibre 1 bar for afternoon snack
    and dinner will be beef stroganoff and pasta with veggies (I assume) for dinner!
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    breakfast: scrambled egg in pita
    lunch: salad with tuna
    dinner will be : crock-pot salsa chicken and tortillas
    snack: Greek yogurt, cheerios
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Everything bagel with herb & garlic cream cheese
    Decaf coffee with almond milk and splenda

Lunch:
    Spinach salad with peppers, onions, cucumbers, feta cheese, slowcooked paprika chicken breast (homemade), and poppyseed dressing

Snack:
    Navel orange
    Homemade banana muffin

Dinner (will be):
    Pan-seared fish
    Oven roasted broccoli with olive oil and balsamic dressing
    2 pieces of light rye toast with butter and garlic salt

Exercise:
    45 minute walk (to work)
    30 minute run (home from work)
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 1tsp soft serve vanilla protein powder and sprinkle of cinnamon
    Quest Double Chocolate Chip Bar
    Lunch: 1 serving of whole wheat oatmeal made with 1 cup Almond milk and mixed in half a serving of raisins and peanut butter
    2 celery sticks
    Dinner: 6oz Chicken breast oven baked in lime juice, lightly covered in Sriracha Chili Sauce, and sprinkled with garlic
    1 and a half servings of whole wheat rice
    2 servings of mixed veggies (carrots, corn, green beans, peas, and lima beans)