anybody start at 220 ?

Options
I would like to see some before and after pictures of people who started at 220 . Also was there a difference in skin ? Please tell me how long the weight was on for . I need some motivation.

Replies

• my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures to share, but I started at 286.6, had been 275-285 for at least 7 years and I'm down 41.6 lbs now. So far I'm feeling really good about this being sustainable as I don't find that I deny myself any foods I want...I still eat pizza and drink pepsi almost daily.

My only challenge at this point is that I like to earn the foods I want through exercise and I now have an IT band injury that prevents me from running. It means I have to slightly limit my calories until I can get that sorted and get back to running, but I was up to 5 miles every day without being tired or winded at the end, just hurt myself on Monday, so hopefully I won't be off too long.

You'll get there, working out isn't required, but can add available calories so you can give yourself treats if you need motivation.
  • novagirl55
    novagirl55 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started at 223. I am at 194 right now..so I'm not quite at "after" yet. I am guessing I was over 200 for over 3 years. I was avoiding scales for a while. So far, my skin has been going right back with the weight. I'm 31.

BB9NYtT.jpg
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started at 222lbs and am now at 172. I have an end goal of 140!

27f3876e84e778a22c3d0f9e179006808633.jpg
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started out at 221 and I'm just to 190 today. I've been at it for 76 days. I've went from 44 inches around the waist to 37inches so far. Also, I was at 50 inches around my hips and now I'm down to 45.5 inches. I'm eating 1,200 calories a day and I started the Couch to 5k app. When I started 76 days ago I couldn't run over 1 minute. Last night I ran for 22 minutes straight. I also play roller derby, but my body got used to that work out. Once I started lifting weights though, I really noticed a difference. I want to be strong and healthy. I don't have pictures to post since I'm at work, but I thought I'd at least share my successes at about my halfway point. The key is that if you have an off day, hop right back on the bandwagon the next day. Bad days will happen. What makes the difference is what you do after that bad day! (My profile picture is me at 221, so I dont' look like that anymore)
  • harborbelle
    harborbelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    (Posted in error on this message board)
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did! I was 220 for only a few months. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and lost about 10 pounds when they started the mediciation. I stayed at that weight for two years, then I finally found the way of eating that worked for me and I lost the last bit in about 6 months (40-45 pounds).

I don't have pics to share on here though. I do have some posted on my website though... http://primalponderings.blogspot.com/
  • Fitness4ev
    Fitness4ev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 277 ...and simply through clean eating, meal planning and ramping workouts (was already pretty active), I am down today to 164. 5'8. 20% body fat. Started with 38% body fat, possibly higher.

Don't have a clue how to drop a picture in here. But, on my profile I have a couple befores/afters...

34821335.png
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started at 221 (I started MFP at 215 though). Last week I came in at 183. I don't have pictures yet but I will soon.
    Feel free to send me a friend request if you need support.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I was about 225 a few years before finding MFP, and I gradually got up to that weight over a few years (thanks Jack-in-the-Box) and stayed there for a few more. Today, I hang between 190-195, with a goal of 180-ish.
  • Koofers
    Koofers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started out at 219.. I only just started June 19th, so it hasn't been that long for me to take progress pictures yet (or post them, rather) but I have lost about 14 lbs. so far... I've been around this weight for over a year so it's time for me to get back to where I belong.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ZAOZK70.jpg

Left - 220+ lbs
    Right - 160 lbs

From September 2013 to present. & I'm 5'5.

Started by logging all my food. Eventually started eating healthier/cleaner and started doing p90x 5x a week a little over 2 months ago.
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started at 227, now at 185. Goal is 160. I had been over 200 for about 4 years and had gotten over 220 and had been there about a year... My skin is a little flabby on my lower belly and arms but I can tell it's tightening up little by little. I don't know how to post pics but they are in my profile. I lost the first 20 in 3 months then have lost the last 22 in about 5 months.
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started at 238, I'm at 162 now. My only regret is not taking any "before" pictures - I refused to be in pictures then. My profile does have a before and after of my driver's license though if you want to have a look.

I'm still a work in progress but I'm happy :smile:
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started at about 215; my pics are on my profile :) I didn’t start using MFP until maintenance though which is why you don’t see weight loss on my tracker.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    235 will do? (No i do not have any before pics up......I wont do it)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I started at 220. I was around that for 7 years. It took 3 years total to lose the weight and get in the current shape I am in. I set my calorie goal to lose a pound a week, lifted weights and did just a little cardio. I do have some loose skin (I had two kids), but it tucks into my pants.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    I started at 223. I am at 194 right now..so I'm not quite at "after" yet. I am guessing I was over 200 for over 3 years. I was avoiding scales for a while. So far, my skin has been going right back with the weight. I'm 31.

BB9NYtT.jpg

Thats a nice difference. You have great hair by the way lol I think ive only seen teenagers with hair that full
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    I started at 220. I was around that for 7 years. It took 3 years total to lose the weight and get in the current shape I am in. I set my calorie goal to lose a pound a week, lifted weights and did just a little cardio. I do have some loose skin (I had two kids), but it tucks into my pants.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

Thats a huge difference. Wow .
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    I started at 238, I'm at 162 now. My only regret is not taking any "before" pictures - I refused to be in pictures then. My profile does have a before and after of my driver's license though if you want to have a look.

I'm still a work in progress but I'm happy :smile:

I just took some before pictures actually cause I didnt have too many of me at starting because I was so insecure. I cannot wait to compare the afters once I get more weight off. I took it in some lingerie that fits extremly tight and im hoping by christmas ill look better in it .
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    ZAOZK70.jpg

Left - 220+ lbs
    Right - 160 lbs

From September 2013 to present. & I'm 5'5.

Started by logging all my food. Eventually started eating healthier/cleaner and started doing p90x 5x a week a little over 2 months ago.

Thanks for the picture. Your before looks just like mine. I cant wait till I lose more. I just lost 30 lbs by eating right. So now im trying to knock out another 30. But its srubborn . I think working out would help but im so lazy its hard lol im like a 200 lb cat .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!