1 year on MFP (57 lbs!) with pics

Options

Replies

• briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!!! You look amazing!!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible! Amazing and inspiring transformation. Thank you for posting.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look AMAZING and SO HAPPY!!! CONGRATULATIONS and thank you SO MUCH for sharing your inspiring story with us!!!!
  • flower073
    flower073 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! How may calories did you eat per day. I have about 34 lbs to loose and I'm having a hard time. I work out like crazy but nothing. I've lost a little over 200lbs in 2 1/2 years. Now, the last few lbs are refusing to come off.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Badass! You go girl!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for your post!!!! What an inspiration.
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing. looks like your 25!
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! Well done, what an incredible transformation. I cant believe you didn't think you were the best body on the beach!!! I bet you were. You have inspired me to get some push ups done lol FABULOUS!
  • Ratrap
    Ratrap Posts: 153
    Options
    Today I have logged my food for 365 consecutive days, I can't believe I did that. :) So I thought I'd share my success story. I started MFP on Aug. 5, 2013 but had a few days where I didn't log in the beginning. Over this past year I have accomplished so much, not just the weight loss, but my attitude about myself and life in general. I went through a rough time in my life and quickly gained a lot of weight, over 50 pounds in about a year and a half. When I saw a picture of myself (the first one posted here) I could not believe how big I got and knew it was time to take control of my life. I beat depression and had a better outlook on life and I took charge and became the person that I used to be, happy and healthy. The pic of me in the dress was taken Aug. 4, 2013 (the day before I started MFP) and I weighed an unbelievable 181 pounds on a 5' 2.78" small frame. Yikes! The bathing suit pic was taken Aug. 9, 2014 weighing in at 124, a much more desired weight for my frame. :) I've never posted a bathing suit pic before, but this picture means a lot to me. Yesterday at the beach I felt good and comfortable. I realized that I will never be "perfect" and no one on that beach was. I'm almost 38 years old and a mother of 2, I don't have the nice tight toned skin that 18 year olds have, but willing to bet that I was stronger than any of them. I didn't stand out at the beach (for being heavy or for having the "perfect" body), I felt like I belonged on the beach. For once in my life I am comfortable with me. I no longer have the delusion that I need to look like a movie star or on the cover of a fitness magazine.
    I've lost 57 pounds, became so much stronger than I ever was (can do 173 push ups! Woot Woot!!) But the biggest hurdle of this past year, was getting in the right frame of mind. I will no longer try to only look at my flaws, but look at the overall picture. The old came back stronger than ever.
    Aug 4, 2013 181 pounds
    DSCN1817-Copy.jpg

July 27, 2014 Warrior Dash
    5faf2187-1008-4486-bee2-ab8edffc57d0.jpg

Aug 9, 2014 124 pounds (1 year on MFP)
    e8f67641-45cb-42b3-95ef-dd6f9a9abe68.jpg

That is awesome Congrats!

I looked at the Warrior Dash and there is one in my area next year and now I have the bug and have decided to do it!

How did you train for it and how difficult was it?
  • kathygolean
    kathygolean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look great!
  • disnutt
    disnutt Posts: 7
    Options
    Amazing!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow! Simply amazing
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    dam... wow. you look amazing. I so want those muscles. Great Job!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: You are an inspiration for sure.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! You are amazing! You look beautiful! (before and after)
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Today I have logged my food for 365 consecutive days, I can't believe I did that. :) So I thought I'd share my success story. I started MFP on Aug. 5, 2013 but had a few days where I didn't log in the beginning. Over this past year I have accomplished so much, not just the weight loss, but my attitude about myself and life in general. I went through a rough time in my life and quickly gained a lot of weight, over 50 pounds in about a year and a half. When I saw a picture of myself (the first one posted here) I could not believe how big I got and knew it was time to take control of my life. I beat depression and had a better outlook on life and I took charge and became the person that I used to be, happy and healthy. The pic of me in the dress was taken Aug. 4, 2013 (the day before I started MFP) and I weighed an unbelievable 181 pounds on a 5' 2.78" small frame. Yikes! The bathing suit pic was taken Aug. 9, 2014 weighing in at 124, a much more desired weight for my frame. :) I've never posted a bathing suit pic before, but this picture means a lot to me. Yesterday at the beach I felt good and comfortable. I realized that I will never be "perfect" and no one on that beach was. I'm almost 38 years old and a mother of 2, I don't have the nice tight toned skin that 18 year olds have, but willing to bet that I was stronger than any of them. I didn't stand out at the beach (for being heavy or for having the "perfect" body), I felt like I belonged on the beach. For once in my life I am comfortable with me. I no longer have the delusion that I need to look like a movie star or on the cover of a fitness magazine.
    I've lost 57 pounds, became so much stronger than I ever was (can do 173 push ups! Woot Woot!!) But the biggest hurdle of this past year, was getting in the right frame of mind. I will no longer try to only look at my flaws, but look at the overall picture. The old came back stronger than ever.
    Aug 4, 2013 181 pounds
    DSCN1817-Copy.jpg

July 27, 2014 Warrior Dash
    5faf2187-1008-4486-bee2-ab8edffc57d0.jpg

Aug 9, 2014 124 pounds (1 year on MFP)
    e8f67641-45cb-42b3-95ef-dd6f9a9abe68.jpg

That is awesome Congrats!

I looked at the Warrior Dash and there is one in my area next year and now I have the bug and have decided to do it!

How did you train for it and how difficult was it?
    Well thank you! You should do it! It's a lot of fun. I didn't really train for this one...I kind of forgot about it. Lol I registered for it in Jan, so it went to the back of my mind. I have been doing p90x though, and I know for sure that helped with some of the obstacles. The last time I did it, I was already a runner so then I trained at a park on the playscape. :)
  • evalen915
    Options
    Keep up the good work you're an inspiration! I am in a similar position. 5'2, went to the doctor and got a huge reality check, 190 pounds! yikes. I am going to try and take control and get back on it!!!!
  • Anita4548
    Anita4548 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE 38? You look like you are 28!! Honestly!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! You look great!!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation, thanks for sharing the before and after pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!