1200/cals aday for 3 weeks but havent lost a pound

Options
2»

Replies

• btoff52
    btoff52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i agree with you about inaccuraces ive been using bar code scanner like the grillled chicken tyson frozen individually there are 6 pieces in the bag the package says 110 cals per serving .
    as for my RMR if ht 5'2 wt 210 age 52 working full time as a nurse
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i have been 171 pounds twice in my life. once i was 20% body fat, once i was just over 40%. i mention this because obviously my RMR, BMR and BMI were very different at those two different points even though i was the same height and weight.

i get wrong info from the MFP database sometimes when i scan. my frozen hash browns from trader joe's come up as edamame, a totally unrelated product, and my husband's favorite cookies come up as a totally other brand and serving size, so always check the first time you scan.

btw, i suggest you weigh those pieces - in my experience it's very common for pieces of many things to be more than 1 serving each, especially with meats and candy. also are you cooking them with no oil, using no dressing on them - just eating them plain and dry with nothing but salt or pepper?
  • btoff52
    Options
    chicken breast they are grilled then frozen when weight frozen at 4oz but when thawed wt 3.5 oz
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    tyson lists 3 ounces as a serving, not 3.5
    http://www.tyson.com/Products/Grilled-And-Ready-Fully-Cooked-Frozen-Grilled-Chicken-Breast-Strips.aspx

i dunno - it sounds to me like you're eating more calories than you think. about that steak - are you really eating less than 2 tablespoons worth as a serving?
  • btoff52
    Options
    i had grilled swordfish but i took a bite of my husband steak just to taste i believe i did log both as i know every thing counts
    my pkg of tyson grilled chicken ready cooked list serving size 96 g = 3.38 0z
    i feel like im nick picking im sorry
    i really do appreciate your feedback
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend investing in a food scale. There is probably inaccurate logging. A food scale really changed how I see portion sizes. I used just measuring cups and the size of my palm before too and it's really not all that accurate. It's fine if you're in a pinch but long term not that great.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Btoff

I am 50 and 5 feet 7 starting weight 194lb (in my pics) before I started to lose weight.

I recently had 3 weeks of sticking rigidly to 1300 calories a day and I ate back my exercise calories. I lost no weight at all. I have now gone down to 1200 calories a day and do not eat back my exercise calories. I have lost 8 pounds in less than ten days. What I am saying is that if you stay under your calorie limit, hopefully you will start to lose weight eventually. Also, it seems that sometimes weight comes off in chunks perhaps. Good luck.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hi Btoff

I am 50 and 5 feet 7 starting weight 194lb (in my pics) before I started to lose weight.

I recently had 3 weeks of sticking rigidly to 1300 calories a day and I ate back my exercise calories. I lost no weight at all. I have now gone down to 1200 calories a day and do not eat back my exercise calories. I have lost 8 pounds in less than ten days. What I am saying is that if you stay under your calorie limit, hopefully you will start to lose weight eventually. Also, it seems that sometimes weight comes off in chunks perhaps. Good luck.

just as a note...

it takes more than 3 weeks for the body to adjust to intake. You would probably have lost had you stayed at the 1300.
  • opalsqueak007
    Options
    Yes - I am starting to understand that it doesn't come off straight away - thanks. :)
  • opalsqueak007
    Options
    Trog - I have just seen your weight loss! Wow.......:)
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Do you log your food before or after you eat it? Some of us (me) aren't good at remembering our food if we enter it at the end of the day. Do you always log everything? I noticed one of your days was in the 700's. I saw the cole slaw a few times, and it was listed as deli, so I'm guessing not homemade. While fatsecret lists it at 1/2 cup, the sites following it list in between 150-200 calories.

Also, when did you lose the 8 lbs and what were you doing then?
  • btoff52
    Options
    i usually log after i eat 1st wt on dietician scale 2nt my home scale so not really wt loss
  • Hynniew
    Hynniew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Several things could "mask" an initial weight loss. For females, that "time of month" may temporarily add 1-3 pounds of water weight. And - hope this isn't too graphic- constipation could add a few temporary pounds as well, which will come off once your solve the issue by a higher fiber intake on your diet.

As others have said, it's also possible that there are errors in your logging. I see that you logged 200 calories burnt during 20 minutes of cardio. I'm sure there are people who can exercise that hard, but I know that I can't. It takes me a full hour to burn 200 calories (according to the calories on my exercise bike; MFP says I've burned 4 times as much, but I trust the bike more), and I'm so tired I'm falling off the bike at the end. Are you sure that you are not overestimating your calories burned?

Best of luck!
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i usually log after i eat 1st wt on dietician scale 2nt my home scale so not really wt loss

When do you see your dietitian again to compare results? Are you sure your home scale is accurate? 8 lbs is a big difference between scales. The only weight I count for myself as accurate is first thing in the morning, no clothes, post-potty, pre-shower, pre-food or drink.