Shreddin' Eleven, Week Three

Options

Replies

• bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I always burn on L3 over 300 calories, yesterday DAY24 (2nd round), I burned 490... I get a lot of cardio in right before this so my heart rate is up there and im able to burn more quickly...so close to finishing 60 days! cant wait to weigh and measure again when done!
    keep shredding!!

WOW, awesome calorie burn!
  • bk2011
    Options
    My shoulders were screaming today from yesterdays workout and the extra push ups, but I still got it done today! Can't believe it's almost time for level 3...need to get a new dvd as mine won't read level 3 so I haven't been able to look ahead!
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Last day level 1 DONE!!!! Level 2 tomorrow!!
    So I got my HRM today, yeah! Average HR was way too high, but I already knew that: 149. But his was during Shred and Turbo Jam b/c I forgot to stop it. The total amount of calories burned in 44 min workout was 788, what I doubt it! I think it is way too many calories burned and more than 200 over what MFP says I burned. Today I can feel my period coming... I got the cramps and everything else that comes with it. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I scared to step in the scale... I did weight yesterday and no difference from last week, still 190. I am eating so good, only healthy stuff, keeping the calories at 1200, working out 7 days a week, at least 40 minutes a day. So that being said I should not worry because EVENTUALLY I will start to see those lbs shed, right?!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    HI! Don't believe I've shredded since Sunday night...but I have been doing other workouts. My "exercise every day this month" streak is still alive! =) Despite that, I still feel like I've been slacking on the shredding soooo ... tonight as penance heheh, I started out by doing the next workout on my schedule -- Day 4 of Lvl 2. I find that one easier and thought it would work to get me warmed up. Then I followed that up with Day 11 of Lvl 1.

Not sure if it really mattered what order I did them in. I was a sweaty pile of noodles by the time I was done.
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    I just found this topic- I started on January 6th. I started on level 2 because that is where I left off a few months ago (when I quit the Shred a couple weeks shy of 30 days). I took two days off since the 6th- trying to let my muscles heal. I am gaining weight instead of losing :( Not sure if it's water retention from muscles repairing, but when I took a day off last week, my weight went down 2 lbs the next day. But despite not losing any weight, I feel stronger. I am using 5 lb weights & finally able to use them thru the final strength circuit, the squat with a v-raise. I was switching to the 3 pound weight for those, because I really thought I was going to die! But now I can use the 5's & get real deep with my squat. Cardio isn't wearing me out as much either. I can get thru the oblique twists without feeling like I am going to vomit. Perhaps it is time to move on to level 3...? I am scared! Anyone having good results so far with the Shred as far as weight &/or measurements? Any words of advice for level 3?
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    18 days of shredathon this is day 6 of level 2 for me. I felt much stronger today. My pace was a little off during the ab jacks or as I like to call them "death jacks" but I am getting there. I got through all of the cardio without resting so my major issue is just the last section of ab work. I think it is because my shoulder muscles are so fatigued by that time that I struggle a bit. I also got to sleep in about a half hour longer today and I think that was much needed to help with my endurance.

So glad others are posting about thier struggles and triumphs as well, it keeps me motivated to push through it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started level 3?? I plan to watch it tonight....and started it on Sat morning.
    Just wondering what people think about it?? I liked level 1...and 2 is getting better now that it's time to move on to level 3....lol
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    queenmedusa -- You're doing great!! Level 3 starts tomorrow for me. I'm apprehensive as well!! Will let you know how it goes. :)

Leela -- Great burn!! I hope the thigh feels better today. You're doing an amazing job!! :)

shreddingit -- Wow, GREAT calorie burn!! I've been considering doing a short run (10-15 mins) on the treadmill right before hitting up the Shred. Maybe I'll try this over the weekend and see how it goes.

bk2011 -- I haven't allowed myself to look ahead. I'll just put Level 3 on tomorrow morning and go with it. Eek! lol. Good luck on Level 3 to you!!

Juliana -- Good luck on Level 2!! Congrats on making it through Level 1! :) And you're absolutely right. Keep up the good work and the pounds will drop, if not right away, then soon. :)

darkrider -- Woo!! Way to go on the exercise every day streak!! Mine's still alive and kickin' too. Feels great! Wow, great job on doubling up on the Shred, too!

ysaidpie -- The weight gain could definitely be due to the strength training. After all the calorie burn I put in this past week, my weigh in for today showed a 0.2lb loss for the week. I'm planning on ramping up my cardio a bit more while still doing the Shred to see if that helps. I'm definitely not gonna complain about the barely budging scale though, because like you, I'm feeling so much stronger. I've been using the 5lb weights all the way through Level 2 lately, too. My poor arms have been sore alllll week! lol. I'm preparing to move on to Level 3 tomorrow morning, so no advice yet! Best wishes!!

sgreene -- My arm/shoulder muscles feel your pain! lol. They are SO fatigued after the last set of strength moves that it's all I can do to get through the plank jacks, especially since I've been pushing myself to use 5lb weights all the way through. You're more than halfway through Level 2, that's great!! Keep up the good work!

Christine -- I'm starting Level 3 tomorrow. Best wishes on Level 3 for you, too! Though I'm a little anxious about the intensity, I can't wait to see what it's like, because I'm definitely ready for a change in routine! :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Hello Shredders,
    D20 (D8L3) I tried not to do any modifications, but it is TOUGH! In the late in the game, I'd expect to be able to do it all! The first set I'm okay,but on the second set, I either drop to my knees and finish it modified or take a 5 second "breather" and jump right back in. My goal is to be able to do level 3 nonstop with no modifications by the last day of the program.

stats: 222 calories, avg hr 13, max hr 164, 67% of target hr zone

I'm doing level 3 again tomorrow. Bring it on!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bluebeta
    Options
    Hello all, I have been MIA for 2 days due to my crazy work schedule. I did great up until last night. I was supposed to work a 12 hour shift and it turned into a 15 hour shift. With that being said, I honestly had no energy left to complete the shred. I am disappointed because I have been doing so good with it. I am frustrated, Anyway did my day 9 which should have been my day 10. I am so mad, I would love to strangle the doctor who wouldn't decide whether or not to ship the patient, then the family who wouldn't decide whether to go, and then mad at myself for not digging deep and finding the energy to do it. Then in hindsight, I don't think I've been eating right. I have only been eating about 800-900 calories a day and exercising, hello, I know that it's wrong so why did I do it because I wasn't hungry, now I feel like I'm starving myself. Only ate a small bowl of soup yesterday that I bet didn't have 200 calories in it (not because I wasn't hungry, but because I didn't have time) I'd been doing it for at least a week. I made a conscious effort today to eat better but I'd like to just rewind 2 days. I can't so I will keep moving forward. I will not quit, thanks for listening to me rant. Tomorrow is my last day of level 2.
  • peaches32684
    peaches32684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 of the Shred. Its still challenging but it has gotten easier for me. I am definitely feeling the effects. My muscles are sore but they want more lol. Cheers to those pushing themselves!
  • evecullen
    Options
    I am intersted, what is the 30 day shred??? I am game for anything at this point to help me get started. Thanks!:smile:
  • juliana1977
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 Woop woop!!! I am calling level 2 the jumpy level, we are always doing stuff with 'jumps'. It completely kicked my butt! My HR was ski rocket! It got to 180 several different times. The HRM said I burned 400 calories... I don't know about that... I couldnt swim today so my plans were to do Turbo Jam after shred. I just couldnt do it.... I was light headed and not in the mood to do anything else but take a shower. Today was my weigh in day. B/c I have been fighting with my bathroom sacale (it is like an antique so old it is. It is not even a digital one and I think it only cost 9.00 long time ago at walmart) my husband gave me the fantastic suggestion to do my weigh in with the Wii fit balance board! Love it! So from now on that is how I will weigh myself every thursday morning. I am not really sure how much I lost, b/c my initial weight is from the dr. office scale, than the last one from my bathroom scale and now from the wii thing. It says 188.1 and I like it! From now one it will be a little bit more accurated b/c I will only use the Wii.

Happy Friday to all of us!!!

evecullen - 30 day shred is a workout DVD from Jillian Michaels. It is very good, I really like it! It is around 10 dolars and you can buy at walmart, target, amazon, etc. It has 3 levels. I am doing 10 days on each level. Each level is a 20 minutes workout. I trully thing it can get you started! Come in and join us!!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Guess what?? I'm down 4 pounds this week! Thank you Jillian, thank you shredders, esp. Chandra. Love ya girl !
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    bluebeta -- Oh my goodness!! Who would expect you to do the Shred after working for 15 hours straight and barely having time to eat?! Thank you for all the hard work you put into your job; it takes great dedication and strength to withstand such long hours. I'm happy that you're looking forward and not spending too much time in regret over the past couple of crazy days. Best wishes on starting Level 2, and do let us know how it goes!! :)

peaches -- Great start!! Keep up the great work and your muscles (though sore) will thank you for it!! :-D

evecullen -- The 30 Day Shred is a three-level workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. You can find it at WalMart or Target for less than $10, or you can download a digital copy of it from amazon.com for $4.99 here: http://www.amazon.com/Level-1/dp/B00356CO1E/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1295631239&sr=8-11

Juliana -- Thank you for helping me welcome a new member! ;) Level 2 is certainly a very "jumpy" level, and it seems as though level 3 follows suit. Level 2 was a very 'planky' level for me as well -- I've done plank work in the past, but never as much as when doing this workout DVD!! I too use my Wii balance board for weigh ins. It seems to be fairly accurate, or at least accurate enough for my purposes. I'm glad you enjoy yours as well! Happy Friday!!

Leela -- CONGRATS!!! That 4lb weight loss is GREAT news!! I'm so happy for you!! Love ya too! :-D BTW, after my first day of level 3 today, I must say that I admire your goal to be able to do all of it without modifications or rests!! I will make this my tentative goal too, though I was still doing modifications to level 2 right up to the end. We shall see. Best wishes to you and keep on shreddin'!! :-D
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am late posting today cause I didn't have to get up early this morning to fit in exercise. What a nice respite! I really enjoyed the rest and was ready to workout hard this pm. So today is my 7th day on L2 and my 19th day total. I did very well this afternoon and made it through the whole routine. Still modifying the plank jacks but I did it. I am not hating this level as much as I did because I am starting to kick it in its teeth... just in time to go to death con level 3.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so I am crossing my fingers that there is at least a small weight loss. I didn't have any last week but I think that is because I am gaining some muscle.
  • bk2011
    Options
    Guess what?? I'm down 4 pounds this week! Thank you Jillian, thank you shredders, esp. Chandra. Love ya girl !

Awesome loss! Way to go!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Welcome to level 3 shredders!!

thanks bk! I have lost 9 pounds since we started shredding. I think I may get to 11 lol

I just finished day 21 (D9L3): I was a little worried that I wouldn't burn as many calories because I adjusted my weight on my hrm to reflect my new weight from this morning.
    Well I still burned 193 calories, so that is great! average hr 125, max 160
    I am still trying to do all the moves without modifications. I don't think I will be able to do rockstar jumps on jump lunges. I try to do them on the first set, but the second time around, I have to modify. I hope to get there within the next week, but I am just so worried that I am going to land on my knee the wrong way. then I will be out of commission for weeks and that won't be fun! ugh! its frustrating.
  • juliana1977
    Options
    I had an awesome day untill 3:45pm. Then got to talk to one person for 5 min that make the rest of my day aweful! I am so upset still and disaponted and a little sad... I did not shred... I am too emotionaly tired to exercise... But I am going to bed now and tomorrow is a brand new day! Plans: D2L2 in the morning with turbo jam plus D3L2 afternoon and maybe another turn of turbo jam!