Interesting Body Fat Percentage Pictures

Options
13»

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Actually calling a body type gross is body shaming, even saying it's gross to me...why not say it's not appealing or not my thing...it's funny it's okay to say that's gross but don't you dare say a 300lb woman is gross...all hell breaks loose then.

Stating it in a different way doesn't diminish the fact that you're still shaming.

So you would marry a guy a foot shorter than you.

*rolls eyes* Nit pick much? My point is that any time anyone posts a thread like this and people jump in and state what they like/don't like (regardless of how it is stated) it is considered 'body shaming'.

It used to be called expressing an opinion but at some point when we started to become a nation of softies who cried hurt feelings over every little thing opinions have become something of the past. God forbid I say something that might hurt someones feelings.

ETA: to answer your question no, I wouldn't and yes I just apparently shamed short people.

I agree with you. So what if someone is offended? When I get offended, I get over it.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    The problem with these pics is that you may look completely different than the pics at the same body fat %. It will depend on where you tend to carry fat (Genetics), amount of lean muscle you have (diet and exercise routine).

The guy says that in the article.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I was just saying how I am never satisfied with my appearance but this sort of puts it in perspective. Personally I fit in the 25% and though I would love to be lower I have an idea of my outward appearance. I still feel like I'm the 50% group though. :/

I think 25% is great. It's my goal.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

chance are you are much more than 20% bf% then and it was a bad reading or miscalculated!

Euhm, had it measured in olympic centre with the right equipment. This was about month ago

What equipment was that? Most have measurement errors and can be affected by hydration level, food in the system, air in your lungs. The method I would give the most credence to would be hydrostatic weighing repeated twice in a row with almost identical results, and then can be affected by what food/waste is in your system and how hydrated you are.
    Will have to check that next time.

But they use it to measure all the Olympic athletes, so i assume it's pretty accurate. Cause people like that would like to know as accurate as possible how their body is

You would know if you had a DXA scan or a Hydrostatic scan. If it wasn't either of those, the chances are pretty high that they are inaccurate.
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
  • cargotrailer
    cargotrailer Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So basically no one can say that they like/don't like a certain type of person. If I say they 4% BF guy isn't my thing then I have shamed him. If I say I think the 20% BF guy is more my type I've shamed the others. If I say I don't like the women in the 30+ BF percentage then I am fat shaming.

Seems like no one can voice an opinion of what is attractive to/what they like in a physique without being told they are body or fat shaming.

I agree, completely!