Working to lose beer belly.

Options
Heeeey everyone.. I just joined 3 days ago. My name is Tony and 3 days ago my weight was 240lbs. A lot of it was due to too much alcoholic beverages on the weekends. As you would expect with someone with a beer belly... thin everywhere else but my gut hahahaa. I did not like who I was becoming. What woman is going to want a beer belly guy right? So I am here now to work off my so called " good times, good nights" Right now I am starting off by cycling a stationary bike. Once I build the stamina I am looking for I will start going to the gym just like everyone else. So wish me luck and see you all later at the gym!

Replies

• shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Heeeey everyone.. I just joined 3 days ago. My name is Tony and 3 days ago my weight was 240lbs. A lot of it was due to too much alcoholic beverages on the weekends. As you would expect with someone with a beer belly... thin everywhere else but my gut hahahaa. I did not like who I was becoming. What woman is going to want a beer belly guy right? So I am here now to work off my so called " good times, good nights" Right now I am starting off by cycling a stationary bike. Once I build the stamina I am looking for I will start going to the gym just like everyone else. So wish me luck and see you all later at the gym!
    Sometimes the biggest battle is showing up! You're on the right track and wishing you much success on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • bebeblues
    bebeblues Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a problem with this and football season coming up. We have 6 home games we will be tailgating for and light beer is not a phrase in my vocabulary... Not to mention the food! But We can do it! I am starting to get back into shape on the bike as well, but outside. Not sure where you live but it has been so nice to get out of the house/gym. I don't know where you live but check out rails to trails and get outside! :)
  • OnlyOneVoice777
    OnlyOneVoice777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    G'day Josh, you're doing the right thing mate; keep up the good work! you wont regret it, especially later in life when you need good health
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    "Beer belly blues, what color are my new shoes." lol

Great job on deciding to get healthy! Keep it up! .....also note -I haven't been to a gym in over 10 years, you don't need a gym. but if that is what you like gym on! :-D

Best of Luck!!!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Keep at it and take things slow, I started 14 days ago and could only run for about 8 minutes before I needed to stop for a breather, now I am up to 22 minutes with no break. I lost 3kg in the first week, weight day is tomorrow so lets see how that goes, I am not overweight by much, just proportioned badly too by the good times.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Patience is the key. Realize how long it took for you to get where you are and know it will take awhile to get where you want to go.