Tool to measure calories burn

Options
Does anyone know of a tool I can use to measure the calories I burn daily. I went running at 5 PM this morning. I want to know how much calories I burned during my run

Replies

• algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    buy a heart rate monitor
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    if you dont want to spend money download the app endomondo but this is not as accurate as a hrm
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is the best in my opinion. A bit of an investment, but well worth it. I haven't heard of one person who isn't satisfied that fitbit is accurately measuring their burn. :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is the best in my opinion. A bit of an investment, but well worth it. I haven't heard of one person who isn't satisfied that fitbit is accurately measuring their burn. :)

I'm not in love with mine. I had to turn off the MFP calorie adjustment as it was saying I'd have an extra 600-700 calories from just my normal movements (which were only like 5000-7000 steps lol). I also don't like that it doesn't count steps accurately if you are carrying something and it won't track any movements like biking etc. I'm looking into better, more robust options for mysel.
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would go with the highest quality heart rate monitor in your budget. I would read a lot of the activity tracker’s description carefully – if they don’t include a heart rate monitor function then they are just measuring motion. Calculating calories based on your heart rate is the most accurate.

I’m about to upgrade to the basis B2.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A FitBit is a fancy pedometer that measures all daily activity. For measuring step based workouts it's not too bad. Check out one of the FitBit groups to see what the general consensus is on jogging.

A heart rate monitor is designed to measure steady state cardio workouts. You can't wear one all day and get a decent reading.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am not a world traveler by any means but is PM morning where you are from?

I use a Polar FT40 HRM to measure my burn for workouts.
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    PM is the evening
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm unconvinced any such gadget actually exists.